"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tuesday Temptations

Okay, yes it is Wednesday, but these short weeks can screw with all your plans. On that token, I hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend.

I can tell you all that Saturday was spent with a friend running errands, hitting one of my favorite places for an appetizer and a beer, and the remainder of the day window shopping for many of the things you are about to see, and then the evening watching as many college football games as we could at a sports bar. I had an absolutely wonderful day. Sunday, I swam and then I was a vegetable. I knitted and watched more sports on TV. Monday, I was just insane. I took my bike to a local public park. This is a map of the park. I road the entire park. It took me about three hours but it felt great. When I got home, I took a cool shower and a nap. I spent the rest of the day hydrating and then had one of the daughters over for dinner.

Okay, now on to the Temptations.

I have no use for this at the present moment, but it was breathtaking in a print that was only available at the store. The solids are all beautiful in their own right, but my favorite is P85 - Sugar Violet. I also liked this, but I'm not sure that it would look the same on me because of my hips. I also thought that this would be a cute outfit to lounge around in since it is so humid here. And I saw this on sale and if I had been alone I might have tried it on too see how it looked.

I fell in love with this for jeans in the fall and can add a sweater to make it roll into our milder part of winter. This was really cute too, but I'm not sure if I was comfortable in the print. This was stunning when I tried it on, but I refuse to pay that much for it yet. I also tried this on, and if was just a tad longer, I would have owned it. It was a perfect fit. I also tried on these and these just because I love the name of the style. Still can't decide on which color but I may just need both. I also tried these on and as soon as I can locate my size in town, I will need them for casual Friday's so I can go dancing after work without going home if I want to.

Looking at all the jeans made me think about boots. While I have a two pair of cute ankle boots, I need some serious ones to ride on the chopper and to wear in the winter. I started looking online and I ran across these, these, these, these, these, these, these for the heck of it, and maybe these.

One of my favorite stops was Bath & Body Works. I was treated to this and I am in love with the way it smells. I am very upset that they are discontinuing this however, and I could not find any in town this weekend. I also got this, this, this, and this. Because their buy three get two free sale is always a plus. I also found this one interesting but did not get it yet.

The last place we ventured to shop/browse was Origins. I am absolutely smitten by this entire line of products. And anything with lavender and vanilla cannot be bad, right?! The name of this one had us giggling like school girls. The store had some amazing herbal teas and some wonderful tea sets as well.

Okay gang! After an eventful Comets game, we'll leave the drama of that for another post, and a long day today, I am ending this with an old quote from a very dear friend. I am certain that many of you know exactly how the sentiment feels, even if it has only been once in your lives.

"I hold it true, whatever befall; I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." Lord Alfred Tennyson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gal, all your temptations, especially the black dress and cowboy boots, are giving me a HEART ATTACK! Ah, to own them all....and a special toast to SHEDONISM! giggle Love the way you are evolving...soar, baby, soar....little black dress and cowgirl boots...soar, baby, soar!!!