"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Fill-In (Pre-Ike Landfall)

Before I get tho the Friday Fill-Ins, I want everyone to know that I will be hunkered down tonight with many of the Apartment Posse in an apartment on the second floor in the middle of our section. It is free of trees and we have the window secured. We will have all of our respective babies with us and they will all just have to live in peace. The best part is that most of the babies are already friends, so we just have to keep the stress levels down. Our cars are all safely in a parking garage on the third floor and will be safe with all the luxury cars that are also there. Cell phones are fully charged and we will keep them charging as long as the power remains.

I have also been cooking. I had food that had not been frozen and needed to be cooked. I fixed two racks of lamb, salmon loaves, baked sweet potatoes, grilled crook-neck squash, rice, artichokes, and some hard boiled eggs. The rest is frozen and we will cook as needed should we loose power for longer than 24 hours. Thank goodness for propane grills!

Friday Fill-Ins

1. I enjoy listening to live music with that some one special and the magic that goes hand in hand with that atmosphere.

2. Why more people don't value their relationships and each other more is something I wonder about often lately.

3. In your heart, you knew I was the one, but somehow it took us this long to find each other.

4. Take living each day one at a time, add a little love, laughter, and good friends and you end up with a relationship that will fulfill all of your wildest expectations.

5. Life has gifted me with talents such as knitting and sewing, and the ability to share them with my friends and family. It has also gifted me with a second chance to become the person that has been hidden away for far too long.

6. A sunny day beside the pool with friends and a cold beverage, is an instant vacation.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to making it through Hurricane Ike! Anything after that is gravy!

3 comments:

Miss Me said...

stay safe. i'll be thinking about you... ike is MASSIVE!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are safe! Update us as soon as you can!

Anonymous said...

I thought I heard that Houston was under mandatory evacuation? Stay safe!

I mailed out your package yesterday, but I'm not sure when you'll get it, with Ike and all.