"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Minute

Okay, yesterday I went with lanoue81 to Yarntopia for Sunday knitting from Noon to 4PM. It was a total hoot. I saw a lot of familiar faces and met some new ones. And I have to share this quote from lanoue81. We were discussing magic loop on circulars versus regular circular knitting versus double-points. She busted out with, "I love them all, I'm bi-sitcksual". OMG, I loved it and wished I had come up with it first. She gets all the credit, but I will continue to use it.

While I was there, I got to fondle some Malabrigo sock yarn that is only available in Canada at the moment. OMG, if I may say so myself, it was orgasmic to say the least and the Violet color was divine. I also got to fondle the Rowan Bamboo Tape. I think that I may just have to "obtain" this yarn to make myself a three-quarter sleeve version of Sahara in this color or this color.

I can say that I will definitely be adding this Sunday gathering to my "to do list" as often as possible this year. The group was comfortable to be with and we all were able to share and learn with each other in a very unpretentious way. If you know where this LYS is located, give them a call to get the calendar so that you can join us one Sunday and see for yourself!

My Sunday was capped off by watching the Colts versus the Bears with Adam. What a hoot football is when you watch with a Cheese Head. I almost had to root for the Bears just because he would never dream of such a thing. I was also treated to dinner. Adam fixed steak, mashed potatoes, and corn. I think it is only fair for keeping me out late Friday and for the rack of lamb that I found really cheap that he has graciously accepted to be the guinea pig when I fix it this week.

Tonight, we are watching the Packers season opener on Monday Night Football. Alas, I cannot disclose where we will be watching, as she who cannot be named has many spies and I do not want ANY surprises. Tuesday, I will post Temptations, but the post may be short as we have another Comets game. Wednesday, I may be attending a private Comets event if my account rep can tell me which players will be there. Thursday, I may actually get some much needed sleep, depending on what Ike has decided to make of himself in the Gulf of Mexico. Friday is the final home game for the Comets. The weekend will be up in the air due to the impending hurricane. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. I know he has to hit some where, I just wish Mother Nature would pick a place on the Gulf Coast that is not so populated....Any one have any special pull in that area? If not, say all the prayers you can.

Okay gang, busting out of work soon. I have been playing with my schedule a bit (legal advice) so that she that cannot be named and her spies cannot keep tabs on me. I cannot tell you the actual schedule...but I hate what we are trying this week.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm bi-sticksual and proud of it! It's just a shame the boyfriend wasn't more amused...