"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moment of Silence, and Other Updates

I am quite sure that all of us remember that today is the anniversary of 9/11/2001; however, it never hurts to remind anyone. So before you read on, please take just a moment to remember all of the lost souls as well as their families. And to also remember all of the Armed Forces that have made it their life's work to keep us safe and free. I have taken the politics out of this, so please do not post political views in your comments. You can discuss that with me offline.

I have wonderful news! Trouble is having a GIRL! Yep, the ultrasound was spot on (pardon the pun). The expected due date is still the 7th or 8th of February. I think that they have settled in on Zoe as the first name but I am not 100% certain of the middle name. It has been requested that I avoid utilization of pastel colors when making anything for my new granddaughter. I will acquiesce because I think that I prefer bolder colors myself as well. And, grandma gets to provide the Bringing Baby Home From The Hospital Outfit! Can you tell that I am super excited? I am still not happy that she is making me a grandma yet, but she is grown and able to make her own decisions.

I have also discovered a new singer. her name is Patrice Pike. She is AMAZING! I personally don't mind all of her tattoos, but some might. Her voice is amazing and her songs are simple and powerful. If you visit the link, you can sample some of her songs. I love Beautiful Thing, Rufus, and Unraveled. If you get the opportunity to see her live, you should. Needless to say, my musical appetite is growing and I am totally in love with attending live performances, many which are totally free. The only expense is food and drink, and I can totally control that expense.

Okay, so the Comets have been eliminated from the playoff picture, and with Ike barrelling down of the Gulf Coast I doubt that we will play the Monarchs Friday night. I am sad about not seeing Kara again this season but I want the players to be safe. That means that I will be rooting for the Liberty (that Janel McCarville is soo cute) for the Eastern Conference and I still have to choose between the Seattle Storm and the Sacramento Monarchs for the Western Conference. Why you ask? Because, Seattle has Sue Bird and Yolanda Griffith. They also have a player from the Comets Dynasty Days, Sheryl Swoopes. And the Monarchs have Kara Lawson (Go Lady Vols!) and A'Quonesia Franklin (Gig 'Em Aggies).

Today we are getting ready at work for the storm and Friday we will work remotely. Not that it is a holiday by any stretch of the imagination. I have NOAA queued up and I have been watching all the alerts carefully. I cannot disclose my plans but I have a contingency plan in place. I have also gathered up as much knitting as I can to hunker down. The UFO's are top priority.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: