"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

Okay, I am not trying to set any records today, really, I'm not. It's just that I stumbled upon these articles today and they have been stuck in my thought patterns for too long not to comment.

The first article, 5 Times You're Sexy to Men, has me chuckling a bit. Reasons one and two hold true in my particular dating world as well. Eye contact is essential, so it stands to reason it should be her number one. Body language....I'm not even going to comment further, except, DUH! Number three has always been my weapon! I have always considered myself a Botticelli babe, and I also prefer the same. No offense to Twiggy, but I love curves! I will totally leave number four alone because I no longer have the parts to compete and doubt that I would want to. Besides, sleeping in a shirt at night gives me night sweats just thinking about it. Number five is, no, should be a natural. I will caution even the happiest of women in a relationship to take care of yourself. It will keep you attractive longer if you think of yourself as desirable as well.

The second article, New Knit Shapes, is just wrong on so many levels as a knitter, IMHO. First, I could never justify the expense of a lot of the items they showcase. I will freely admit that the fingerless gloves were wonderful to see represented, but again they want $28.00 for them....And this, A terrifically shaggy sweater is the perfect contrast to a snug turtleneck and leggings just scares the life out of me. It is wrong on oh so many levels....And don't even get me started on knitted skirts. I love some of them, and I know that I will never hear the end of this, but most women should just not consider the commercially made ones. Check out the article and tell me what you think.

Okay, I'm not sure if my brain is finished for the day, so don't hold your breath. I also made chicken in my crock pot and I will post the results of the creation later....

No comments: