"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday

Well, we have made it to Wednesday.  This has been a busy day at Chez RubyRingz.

Last night the modem for the Internet decided to act up, so SF called the carrier and scheduled service.  Good thing I have the flexibility to be here to wait for them to show up.  Our appointed window was between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM  Was I ever pleased when the technician showed up at 2:30 PM.  He tested the modem, replaced it with a new one and replaced the coaxial cable as well.  He was finished and gone by 2:50 PM.  WOW!

I have also been assisting with the pool preparations.  After the pool sat all winter, we had some general maintenance that we needed to begin in order to allow us to have it ready for swimmers.  Salt water pools are fairly easy to up keep and I have been learning all about them.  We have added the acids, the hardeners and now the stabilizers.  Next we add some purple stuff (to prevent scale and black mold) and then we add two BIG bags of salt.  Once all of this is added and the filters have processed it for about two days we have the water tested again.  If it all reads okay, we then double shock her and she will be ready for swimming to commence.  I can't wait!

I have also been knitting in the evenings while we watch TV.  I am almost ready for Chart B on Stephanie's Calais and sock two of the RPM's is done to the heel flap.  I will be posting pictures later of Stephanie's Calais but the RPM pictures will have to wait until I am certain that they have been received by their intended recipient.

I also just learned that a new yarn store opened up in Sugar Land.  Aptly named Sugar Land Yarn Company.  I plan on getting by there before the end of the week to check it out and meet the staff.  It will actually be the closest LYS to me, since Yarns 2 Ewe is up in the big city....seriously, it isn't that far but the difference in a 35 minute drive and a 20 minute drive in this town can add up, especially if there is traffic and/or an accident.  I will have a full report later on what transpires.

No comments: