"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

All Things Local Swap - 2010


























































































My dear friend Amy held a swap that I just couldn't say no to. It was All Things Local.  The rules were simple:

Swap package price limit is $30 - NOT including shipping.  Swap package must contain : one skein of yarn that local to you (this can be city or state. Etsy has a lot of great resources for shopping local!), one food item that is local to your city or state, one extra item that is local to you city or state (is your town famous for something?  Does your pal collect shot glasses or postcards? Have another idea for something handmade that is local, that you can send? The possibilities are endless.)

Amy and the other moderator, Karen,  did a great job pairing the participants.  It was a secret swap and that made it all the more fun.  We had to "stalk" our partner and then send the goodies.  They were to be delivered by Monday, May 3rd.  Life happens and several people posted that they were late, so I waited.

The picture below represent the contents of the package that Jessica sent me.  She did a great job!  The contents smelled good long before I got them all unwrapped.  The two pint glasses from Iron Hill Brewery will be a great addition to the collection that SF and I have been building since we first met.  Jessica had no way of knowing that we collected them because I forget to mention it in the answers to the "What do you collect" piece of the questionnaire every time.  The soap, "Hocus Pocus" from a local soap maker smells decadent and will bring a whole new meaning to date night.  The yarn is beyond words.  If you look at the picture on my flickr page you can get the details.  Knitting Nysssa is on Ravelry as well.  Now I will have to pet the yarn a while until it tells me what it wants to be.  I think lace but I'm not sure.  The colors just draw me in and I will let them speak to me some more.

Over all, I loved the whole swap.  Getting to see what items people included also helped me with ideas for future swaps contents.  Like a tee shirt from your state.  Heaven knows that there are plenty of shirts from Texas and about Texas.

My partner was Sharon in NJ.  This is what I sent to her from TX.  I got a lovely thank you card from her today as well.  I can't wait to see what the Mama Llama yarn decides to become.

No comments: