"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, May 2, 2010

All Tooled Up

Wild Card Topic: Do you have a particular knitting/crochet tool or piece of equipment that you love to use? Maybe it is an old bent pair of needles that used to belong to someone special, or a gorgeous rosewood hand-turned crochet hook that you just love the feel of? Write about why you love it.

While this topic may be a wild card, it is one of the wonders of this craft world. Each and every one of the people that will blog about this will share something different. Some will share new items and many will share the same items. There is no right or wrong in this area, as it will be as unique as the person discussing the tool.

For me, it is my plastic darning needle. It was given to me by my Aunt Margaret when she was teaching me how to make socks on dpn's. It is the most humble thing in my tool kit. I have two of them. One was a gift from Aunt Margaret and I bought the second one when it was suggested that perhaps I should put the gift up so that I wouldn't loose it. I used the replacement for a few years and when I moved in with SF, I decided that I should use the gift one. It just felt like the right thing to do.

I love the plastic ones simply because they are flexible and that makes the kitchener process much easier. I have several metal ones that I have also received as gifts but they never get used. If you are in need of a metal one...drop me a note and I'll be happy to get one to you.

So what is your favorite tool?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

My favorite tools always seem to be made by Clover: all my crochet hooks, my yarn cutter, my cable needles, my stitch markers, my tape measure...one peek at my accessories shows a very clear pattern.