"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Water logged Wednesday.....

First, I want to comment on today's quote:

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Oh how true this is. I have taken the time to learn from the mistakes I have made in my last two relationships and I am hopeful that as the saying goes, "the third time is the charm". I have allowed myself to be vulnerable, sharing my imperfections and my checkered past. I have allowed myself to be human, no longer striving to be perfect or Mary Poppins. I have allowed myself the right to say, "I don't know" and not feel guilty or compelled to find the answer; allowing others to share what they know with me instead. I have shared the "warts" and let others decide if they wanted to learn more about me and acknowledging that some may not want to take the time. Has it been easy? No, and I would be foolish to let you believe otherwise. It has been a journey that I should have taken many years ago but I am glad that I have taken it. Will it end? No. I trust that I should spend the remainder of my life learning more from my past, from others, and moving forward.

Second, for those of you that are aware that Houston and the surrounding areas got "walloped" with any where between 8 and 11 inches of rain, we are all okay for the most part and drying out now. This story sums it up. This picture is about a mile and a half from my apartment. It is Briar Forest and the Beltway. What you cannot see is the four lanes that normally hold traffic and the lovely landscaped esplanade. When I went to bed Monday night it was to the constant downpours, thunder, and lightening. When I awoke at 4:00 AM CST it was to thunder so deep that the windows were vibrating. The water was up to the middle of the welcome mat on my porch and one of my neighbors (Peace Officer) has a truck with a lifted frame told me that he made it through the waters but it took him 45 minutes to go three and a half miles. I stayed put, did work from home via the Internet, and went into the office around 9:30 AM CST. Needless to say, the day was a bust in more ways than one....but the good news is that I had no damage and neither did SF.

I do have some temptations to throw at you....a few months ago I convinced our new CEO to let me switch to a Kuerig coffee maker and the pods associated with it. It was a worthwhile investment and we have already seen the returns from the switch. There is less waste and that is economically sound. Now that we have it, I want this one for myself. I am not certain how SF feels about items on the counter tops, but I would love to have the K-Cup Carousel for the coffee pods so that they are not hidden away in a drawer. Of course I would also like to have the Milk Frother Accessory for the times when I want to make espresso as well.

I still need a second chair for the bedroom that will also double as my retreat once I move. I love the first one but want a pair so that I have a sitting area. I also think that I want this rug to go in the sitting area. I am keeping the Moroccan theme in place that I started when I got the canopy bed in the first place. I realized that I needed a shelf or storage unit for knitting and books in there, so I think that this will suit my needs. I think a couple of these to safe guard projects and double as storage will be needed as well. I also want to do something similar to this for the room as well.

I also wanted to share this article. I think that the three top tips that are shared in the article are priceless. I have learned about these three principals in my sessions and can't agree more. I will admit that I like number three best....any tips out there that you feel need to be shared as well?

No comments: