"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday Temptations

Okay gang, last night my team lost in the Men's NCAA final game. I am rooting for Louisville tonight in the Women's NCAA final game even though I know UConn will win....that's the way it goes. After tonight, we will have to wait for the WNBA to come on and watch the games on TV. That's the way of sports....

Are you ready for Easter? I have been crocheting a few things for Zoe. Thanks to Mel, I have been making these. I looked around on Ravelry and found this too. I want to make these too if I have time left after I make this. I decided that this would be a great way to make use of scraps and make an Easter holiday very special for Zoe. I hope Stephanie and Jack understand and appreciate it....I'm sure they will.

I made reservations today for the hotel in Bryan for the Anniversary trip. The hotel is one off those quaint places you would imagine to see if Route 66 was still as active as it was in it's heyday. It is also VERY close to mom and dad's house. Bryan is one of those quaint towns with downtown centered around a very historic city hall building. Here is another one. Trying to find a good picture of it is almost impossible unless I take one while we are there. I must admit, I am getting excited about the trip and the chance to see the family.

As part of that, I know that there are a few things I need. SO, this week's temptations will be clothing and such. Just bear with me.....I think that a nice bath robe is a good idea, and I like this one. I think I like the English Lavender color best but could live with the Ice Pink one if I had to choose it. I know myself and I think that this one may be more suitable to my body temperature. It also matches this pajama bottom and top. Of course, I could also sleep in this and this, depending on the weather there.

I was also looking around for shirts. I love this shirt, even though it is a man's shirt. Of course I would have it tailored just a bit to make it fit slimmer. It just looks so comfy and perfect for summer. I love three-quartered sleeve shirts and love this in Deep Fuchsia, Mid-Blue, Foliage, and Otter Brown. They are great for evenings out when you travel because you need a light sweater or wind-breaker on top of it and you're set. Of course, we all know that I am hooked on sleeveless shirts, and this one is no exception. I love the China Blue, White, and Crystal Blue solid version. The Blue Multi is my very favorite and will most likely be the first one I get.

Still looking for clothes, I found this dress. It looks so comfortable and I think it will be a great choice to travel with. Still searching for shirts, I came across this one. There are so many colors to choose from. I love White, Spice Brown, Blue, True Blue and White stripes, Surf Green and White strips, and Seaside Pink and White stripes. What a fun shirt! I also found this bathing suit cover-up. The hard choice is the color. I am leaning towards the white, but may go for the black. While I was looking at the cover-ups, I found a few one-piece suits that may be more appropriate for relatives. This is one example. I always love black suits but I would also consider the blackberry or Merlot version. I like this one too except for all the straps on the back. I also took a quick peak at Coldwater Creek and found this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this.

Okay...off to watch the final part of the basketball game. Have a great evening and the rest of the week!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Aren't those Easter eggs fun? I've been making a bunch as cat toys for friends, using up those little mylar balls as stuffing with a pinch of catnip too. (I had an industrial size tub of catnip left after my cat died and I keep finding unopened packages of mylar balls as I clean, hence the Easter presents for kitties.)

And I love that chocolate bunny! Might know a dog who needs one of those...

So many cute things for Zoe's first Easter! Hope there will be lots of pics.

Anonymous said...

hey, give NO chocolates for animals! are you out of your mind! be kind! yes, i am a dog lover but i respect the kitties, too.

Lisa said...

The chocolate bunny is knitting from luxury brown yarn...so no animals will actually be getting chocolate...

Anonymous said...

phew... so much for my knitting knowledge! but wanted to be sure. my apologies. knit, knit, knit away... and i ll swim, run and pump iron... in search for a good bod and maybe a new mate! ;)