"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, April 5, 2010

Manic Monday

Well, what a whirlwind of a weekend.

Thursday, we planted some new day lilies, a nana nandino, some society garlic, and placed some new sod in the yard. We spent the majority of daylight working in the front yard. There were some muscle groups that were very angry with me.....I know who you are and now will find the machines to target your anger. The yard is starting to look wonderful and I can't wait to see it take off. We may have lost a few things over the winter but we are waiting to see if they will/did survive before we rip them out.

Friday, we started off the morning at Denny's for an early breakfast. From there, we decided to drop by and see if Dr. White could see SF for a sec to recommend who should take a look=see at a thing on her foot. Much to my chagrin, Dr. White took off three spots, none of which were any place near the foot in question. Now, don't get me wrong, I am extremely grateful that she is so diligent; however, she put a major kink in our plans for the weekend. Two of the places were/are gaping holes that will take at least a week to develop coverings on them and do not have any stitches. One was deep and did require stitches. We will know the test results from all three spots later this week.

After leaving Dr. White, we ran a few small errands and came home. Our goal was to ride the motorcycle before the weather got rainy. With her leg hurting, I was not sure that she would be able to, but she insisted that we ride. We geared up and headed to scope out where the Hou-Tex chapter meeting would be on Saturday. After successfully locating the restaurant, we headed to Stubbs to look at the new gear and see what/who was there. They had the new Sportster 48. It is the familiar Sportster bike but with the larger front tire that I prefer. I sat on her and I think that she may just have to be the first bike. Now don't get me wrong. I still pl;an on getting a Fat Boy, but after some frank discussions with SF and other lady riders, it does seem more practical to get a smaller and less expensive bike to start with and them grow up to the one of my dreams.

After Stubbs, we went to Don Carlos on Broadway to get some lunch. This is not a normal palace that I would have ever eaten at in a previous life. It wasn't posh enough. But, let me tell you....that was some of the best Tex-Mex I have ever eaten! The sour cream enchiladas were to die for. Their salsa was amazing and the sopapillas were heavenly. From there, we looked at the sky and it looked gloomy, so we decided to head back home. We were not fast enough. Near the edge of the airport property the drizzle started. We were soaked when we got home. We put the bike away and got warm showers. We watched The Bucket List and then it was time for bed.

Saturday started early. We had to clean the bike up before we could go to the Hou-Tex meeting to get the rain and stuff off the bike. We had worked up a sweat by the time we were done. Showers and geared up (including sun-screen) we headed to the meeting. We were welcomed and officially members, we joined the meeting. After the meeting, we headed for Galveston with the group for the monthly ride. We went to The Spot. It was a wonderful day for a ride and sitting on the upper deck watching the ocean and the people was fun. The food was good and the company was great. After we were all finished, we all discussed the way home. We chose to take the Seawall to the Blue Water Highway and head home. No one else was headed our direction so we said our goodbyes and rode off. The trip was great and we got home around 4:00 PM. After a shower, we went to Dairy Queen....we HAD to have a Blizzard....we were tired but we decided to give the dogs a bath since the weather was so warm. Bed was never so welcome...we were pooped.

Sunday was uneventful for the most part. SF spent the day getting herself ready to go out of town all week. She is part of an audit task force and will be gone all week. I stayed out of the way and knitted. The camera and I are now on speaking terms again, so hopefully I can get some pictures to post this week.

Okay...I'm sure that I have bored you to tears by now....stay tuned for Tuesday Temptations....I have a bunch of them stored up.....

No comments: