"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, April 30, 2010

Location, Location, Location

Today's topic: Where do you like to indulge in your craft? Is your favorite arm chair your little knitting cubby area, or do you prefer to ‘knit in public’? Do you like to crochet in the great outdoors, perhaps, or knit in the bath, or at the pub?

This is a funny one for me. There are lots of places that I indulge my hobby. In a past life, while I was with SWCNLBN, I was forbidden to take my knitting in public. It was embarrassing for her. Why I ever let that stop me is beyond me. Since August 2008, I have my knitting with me where ever I go. It may not ever make it into the establishment I go into but it is there in case I need it.

I have taken it to coffee houses, restaurants, pubs, bars, sporting events (football/baseball/golf/basketball/volleyball), the vet, the hair dresser, doctor's office, concerts (outdoor ones) and to motorcycle events. I have never knit on the back of the motorcycle, yet.... :) I am proud of this skill that I have and now am fascinated by the responses that I receive.

SF is very fond of the fact that her wife knits and loves it when I indulge myself the time to knit. When I first moved in with her, I was a bit shy about knitting, as I was unsure how she would react. Not that I was afraid, but new relationships are not always the best places for fiber crafts. She was wonderful. She insisted that I set up a little place on the side table beside the couch. I always have at least two WIP's there and the tools needed for them. I also have my Martha Washington Sewing Cabinet in the living room. The link is not mine, but a picture I found on the Internet that is very close to what mine looks like.

So, where would you least expect to see a person knitting? Let me know so that I can see if I can add that to places I have taken the knitting....

No comments: