"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What day is today?

What a weird week this has been so far.  I seem to have missed placed a day.  I woke up this morning thinking it was Tuesday when I was promptly reminded that it was in fact Wednesday.  We were both a bit grumpy, having stayed up late watching the Celtics versus the Lakers.  Thankfully, we did not stay up past half-time to see them get annihilated.  It was not what we wanted to see happen.

It was over that much needed cup of coffee that I realized that I had also missed my Temptations post yesterday.  I have decided to keep the two posts that are in draft form and review them for use on future Tuesdays to be determined.

With that said, I have been thinking about creative ways to store the stash in the future.  I have an old English linen cabinet that I have been utilizing as a dresser.  I think that as soon as I get the master bedroom closet organized I will move it to the spare room (mine, not the official guest room) and organize the remaining stash into the two shelves and the two drawers.  Guests can still utilize the top for personal belongings, as I plan on getting a piece of quarter inch glass with rounded edges cut to protect the top.  I'll get a picture of it later this week and share.  Utilizing the cabinet will allow me to empty the totes and use them in the garage.  That will be a win-win effect, as SF needs them to organize stuff on the shelving units we have in the upper floor of the garage.

I have also been a bit busy getting data gathered for the upcoming property tax protest.  Since I have the ability to walk the neighborhood in the early morning and later afternoon, I armed myself with two detailed maps from Google Earth.  I had zoomed in on both of them so that I could locate all the houses with pools.  Reason being, is that when we first went to appeal, the arbitrator told us that the pool added a HUGE value to the resale of the house.  Idiot, he obviously has never tried to sell a home with a pool.  Buyers either want one or they don't.  If you have the perfect house but they don't want the pool, then they will walk away from the property.  It is as simple as that.

Once I had walked the entire neighborhood and verified the addresses I proceeded to put together a spreadsheet.  I will not bore you with the details but I think that I will be able to help SF with the arguments needed when she faces the appeals tribune next week.  We have sales data from the home sales in the neighborhood as well as the new developments nearby, also built by the same builder.  It will be boring but I think that she will be fine.  She is an excellent speaker and backed with her training and development background, she can speak without getting passionate or emotional.  A skill I lack.

Knitting has been slow this week.  I can't seem to get interested in the last part of sock two of Megan's BMG's Footies x 2 or in the next three identified UFO's.  Hopefully after a good night's sleep tonight I can reclaim the knitting mojo.  I need to, as I want to get the Sugar Rush Tank back in front of me and get it finished in time to wear this season.

Okay...that's all that is on my mind at the moment.  I have a dinner brewing in my head and I need to check my recipe and make a list of needed ingredients.  I can tease you and tell you it has Ahi Tuna and pasta with a simple salad.  It is the dressing recipe that I need to verify.  If it is a success, I'll share it in a future post.

No comments: