"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, January 26, 2009

Manic Monday

I probably went overboard with the car show links in yesterday's post; however, the car show has long been a favorite past-time of mine and I have missed not going due to the life I was leading. Enough Said! Thank you for humoring me with it!

After S.F. and I had seen all the cars we could handle we had the second part of the outing. She took me to the Monster Energy AMA Supercross in Reliant Arena. James Stewart won the Houston event but is still behind in overall points. I had so much fun. I didn't really understand how it all worked at first but she patiently explained it all and we had so much fun!

Okay, now I know what you are about to say, "you say that about everything you have been doing". You know what, it is totally true! We are spending so much time getting to know each other and doing things that are neutral and not based upon "heat exchanges". She still doesn't always get my jokes, and I don't always think she is funny either. But, the most important thing is that we have give and take and neither of us wants the other to feel obligated to an event. We discuss all the plans and once we have an agreement we are ready.

Reminds me of an old Queen song "You're My Best Friend"

Ooo. you make me live
whatever this world can give to me
It's you, you're all I see
Ooo, you make me live now honey
Ooo, you make me live
You're the best friend
that I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine
And I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
You're my best friend
Ooo, you make me live
I've been wandering round
But I still come back to you
In rain or shine
You've stood by me girl
I'm happy, happy at home
You're my best friend.
You're the first one
When things turn out bad
You know I'll never be lonely
You're my only one
And I love
The things that you do
You're my best friend
Ooo, you make me live.
I'm happy, happy at home
You're my best friend
You're my best friend
Ooo, you make me live
You, you're my best friend.

Laugh if you want, but some how having a best friend like that has a great deal of comfort. Now, don't get me wrong, S.F. will never be the same kind of best friend as my "Big Sister", but she is my best friend for the relationship that we have and the benefits that go with that kind of peace and trust are wonderful.

Sunday was another day with Trouble and Jack getting last minute nesting things done so that Trouble will calm down. Zoe is a handful with her food cravings too. I have been having so much fun with them the last few Sundays. It is so obvious that he loves her and they both have a wonderful communication together. Bonus, George and Gracie love it there and they are so big now. They are approaching their first birthday (March). I will have to get pictures on my next trip up there.

No news on the baby Zoe watch. Status remains the same according to Trouble. She goes to the doctor again on Wednesday. We do know that Zoe is at least 7 pounds at this point. I have my overnight bag in the car until her arrival.

Tonight I was in a major cooking mood. I made potato and leek soup. YUM! I also made a huge salad, chicken in the toaster oven, and asparagus. I have enough soup for my Tuesday and Thursday night classes. And the chicken and salad will make a wonderful lunch tomorrow. Wednesday I am thinking about turnips, cornbread, and pork chops...

The 10K is February 28th...and I am getting nervous. I have my time solid at 6 minutes per mile. I can only hope that is is in the 60's and not raining for the race. For those of you that have no clue about the weather here for Rodeo....it usually gets COLD and Rainy right as the event starts....YUK!

Okay off to bed....tomorrow is a LONG day.

No comments: