"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow, I am so content at this moment it could be illegal. Saturday was so very wonderful. After getting the new hair color, I raced up to see Trouble. I helped her Shower planner purchase the food and then helped Trouble make deviled eggs. It was fun working with her in the kitchen again. We all changed clothes and headed to the gathering. Flicker should stream pictures of the spread, the adorable cake and the gifts I gave her.

I was pleased to meet so many people that care for both she and Jack. I also got to meet Jack's baby brother. Bob is a wonderful young man and I look forward to learning more about Trouble's new family, especially since I am the "MIL". Wow, it sounds so funny to hear grandma/Big Mama and Mother-In-Law all at the same time....

Bob is quite an interesting young man. He is a Marine and will be finished with his tour in April 2009. He has purchased a place back in town and has started gathering stuff for it. He has a Great Dane, Sampson, and a Harley....

I learned how to drink an Irish Car Bomb....

Irish Car Bomb recipe

Irish Car Bomb is one of the most popular drinks worldwide. The ingredients are simple and widely available, and beer lovers will almost certainly enjoy it. If you ask for one of these in an Irish pub you'll be greeted with either a smile, or a black eye. Enjoy!


Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don't drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse.

I also tasted Dead Guy Ale, and if I wasn't already on my third Guinness I might have considered drinking that for the evening. The crowd at the bar was very laid back and I even learned how to shoot pool. I even won a game or two....

I ended up spending the night with Trouble and Jack because I watched the Texas Tech game there so I didn't miss anything. I wish I hadn't watched at this point. It was a heartbreaking loss. This morning we had an old fashioned southern breakfast and after our showers we went antique shopping. Jack even came with us. I think I had more fun watching him "find" things than I did looking myself.

Off to finish a few things for work and then soak in a hot bath so that I can get a good night sleep. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and I have my Tuesday Temptations post in progress.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Mmmm...deviled eggs....I mean, congratulations on a successful baby shower.

Anonymous said...

I'm taking a tip from you and have some Tuesday Temptations of my own today!

Irish Car Bomb ... now that IS good stuff!

Dharma said...

That drink sounds yummy.