"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, November 30, 2008

As November ends

As November winds down to an end tonight, I realize that I have made it through several milestones and one of them I did even think about until I was reminded of it's passing/occurrence. I do not plan to linger on the subject, so just be happy that I am happy about "surviving" them with little or no pangs/twinges.

Thanksgiving was a new tradition for me. I celebrated with S.F. and her extended family. I have never felt so at home and so welcomed. The food was wonderful and the company was delightful. I am borrowing this format from my dear friend,

I am so very thankful for :

  • My daughters. They are two of life's greatest joys and without them I would never have realized how special a gift it is to have been able to bring life into this world. Each of them has their own strengths and talents and have developed into wonderful adults.
  • My family. I have two amazing parents, two brothers and a sister, plus their respective wives and husband. I have numerous Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nieces, and a Nephew. Each of them has their own personalities and I love each of them for the person they are. Each of them is supportive and their love is unconditional, and best of all, they accept me for the person that I am and only wish for my happiness.
  • My "Big Sister". You are truly the most amazing person that I have had the privilege and honor to touch my life. Words are never enough to express all that you have shared and shown me. You keep me on the correct path but encourage me to find myself.
  • My friends. Each of you has seen me at the lowest and the highest, as well as the best and the worst of times. You have picked me up, brushed me off, and started me on the path again with love and encouragement.
  • My feline babies. Life is always richer when you share it with pets, and Sassy and Eraser are no exception. They are my "family" on this new journey and I love them dearly!
  • My unstoppable desire to learn. It has been the catalyst that keeps me striving to know more, to achieve more, and to do more. I believe that is gives me the ability to work and earn my keep. I also believe that it has made it possible to share with others, because knowledge is power but is useless unless you share.
  • My online/blog/Ravelry friends. Not a day goes by when I do not check on each of them online. I may not always comment on their journey, but I revel in their accomplishments and feel their pain when they share it. Each of them has offered me the same friendship and even though we do not know each other in person, we are indeed friends.
  • My knitting (crafts). I am so thankful for my Aunt Pat for sharing crochet with me and for my mother for teaching me to sew. Their love for crafts spurred me on to learn so many others, including knitting. Without this love, I would not be able to create and share these gifts with my friends and family.

This is indeed a short list, and I have so many more things that I am thankful for. I hope that everyone else made sure to tell those people in your lives how thankful you are for their presence.

I need to wish S.F. a belated birthday. I also need to wish my cousin Jeremy a happy birthday. I also need to wish Sandy a happy birthday.

Have a great Monday!

No comments: