"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday Temptations

First, I voted! I "risked" a chance run in with S.W.C.B.N. because I have not changed my address with all the places necessary....working on it....

Second, this temptation was first "seen" on Ravelry in this forum. I loved it and immediately added it to today's post for all of my bloggy peeps. I think that many of the items will be great for those swaps we seem so fond of....

I went to the library yesterday and found some cool books. I Checked out: Flying Solo Single Women In Midlife by Carol M Anderson and Susan Stewart, Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss, Knitting For Baby by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas, Nick Stellino’s Mediterranean Flavors, and Lee Bailey’s New Orleans Good Food and Glorious Houses by Lee Bailey with Ella Brennan. A little light reading and baby knitting pattern searching….

I originally went looking for the Debbie Bliss book with the kimono pattern that Franklin suggested. Turns out I have to request it from the Main Library. Request submitted….should be at my local branch Wednesday….

My latest temptations all come from The Art Institute of Chicago catalog that I received recently. As soon as I opened the catalog I saw this, and fell instantly in love/lust. A soon as I turned the page, I was distracted by this, this, and this. A few more pages later and I was captured by this and the companion glasses. A few more pages and I saw this, this, this, this, and this. A few pages later....see a trend yet....I saw this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this. As I skimmed through the Christmas card selection and past the snail mail order form, I found this and these in blue and red. I just love the painting they are inspired by. I so would love this as well. I think that I may totally change my signature color to red. Almost done with the catalog I found this, this, this, and these. I also need to add this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this.

Looks like I may need a sugar mama or a lucky lottery ticket if I keep up lusting after some of this artsy stuff....

2 comments:

Leah said...

This post was a feast for the eyes! I want so many of the things you linked to--the Warhol scarf, the amber necklace, the beautiful bowls, the Rothko...oh dear oh dear...

Melanie said...

I say buy some of that stuff for holiday gifts. Then you can use it for a month, re-package it, give the perfect gift, and promptly buy more stuff for you because you have 1.) made more room and 2.) unselfishly given a wonderful gift so you deserve to be rewarded.