"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, October 25, 2010

USS Sock Competition Entry


These are the Shur'tugal Socks by Alice Yu.  The yarn was dyed by Lizzie at Upstairs Studio and is 45% Cashmere/45% Superwash Merino/10% Nylon.  It was a joy to knit and I have about 125 yards remaining from the skein.  I want to make fingerless mitts using the same pattern with it bit I may have to add some other color to have enough yarn to make them.  They will be on display at the store until November 1st.  At that time First and Second place will be announced.  First place gets a set of Addi Lace Click needles and a skein of sock yarn.  Second place gets a $100 gift certificate to the store.  I really want second place....and will trade first with second if I am fortunate enough to win....just sayin....

I can't wait to have them back and wear them....

2 comments:

twistedtexan said...

Your socks are awesome! I hope we win something! :)

IamKnitGuy said...

If you're hoping for second, you shouldn't have done such an amazing job! I love the pattern. And it's a no-brainer, let us know how you spend the $100 bucks!