"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally Friday

Okay, so it is October 1st!  Today officially starts Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Just a brief fly by to update the happenings at Chez RubyRingz.  The weather here is WONDERFUL.  My morning runs have been conducted outdoors and it feels so much more healthy than running on the treadmill.  The evenings are a sheer delight and enjoying a cup of hot tea while reading poolside before bed is beyond words.

Knitting has been transpiring as well.  The Red Hot was going well until the sleeves.  Sleeve One was finished and I thought is was long but paid no attention.  I was mid-way done with the second one when I realized that I was going to need a seventh skein and that just didn't seem right.  I measured the first sleeve and it was about seven inches too long.  The pattern is very poorly written and I should have caught on to that sooner.  So, I ripped out the first sleeve back to the transition point where the lace turns into the stockinette stitch and laid out my own increase pattern and am now almost to the portion where I begin the binding off and decreases for the cap.  Obviously, this means that it was not finished in time to be considered part of the KAL that I was participating in.  I am a bit disappointed but I will survive.

I have also been working on the Bamboo thread shawl and the Sock Competition entry.  They are both coming along nicely.  I have no new pictures of the shawl but I will get some soon.  As for the socks, I will not post pictures until I am ready to drop them off for the judging.  I want them to remain a secret until then.

Okay, back to work so that I can get everything done and begin a relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Amy Darsie said...

I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend!!! I was wondering how the weather had been down your way. It's all rain and mud up here.