"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sock Yarn



I decided to break down and take pictures of the sock yarn portion of the stash.  The first drawer has a few other goodies inside.  There is some Nevada Sport yarn that will become a Chanel Jacket at some point this winter.  It was purchased from a yarn store in the Galleria back in 1985 and I never found the time to make it.  I have converted the pattern from two needles to a seamless one with three needle bind off for the shoulder seams.  There is also two skeins of CashSoft in a wonderful blue that will become a scarf or cowl.  There is also a skein of Artyarns Regal Silk that has been turned into a cake but has not decided what is wants to become.  And one lone skein of Cathay remains to join the newest acquisition from Ellen for the Deep V Sweater by Erika Knight.

Drawer two contains a lot of Indie yarns.  You may also see a few skeins from Malabrigo.  There is one of their sock yarns in colorway 801 Boticelli Red.  There is one of their lace yarns that was custom dyed for me in a swap.  Three is a their chunky and for the life of me I can't recall the name of the colorway.  I got it from Amy and still haven't done much more than fondle it.  You may also notice the lone skein of Manos Del Uruguay in the middle of the pile.  It too has not decided what to become and until it does, I just fondle it as well.

The funny part of all of this is that most of these beautiful skeins in the second drawer will become shawls, scarves or other pieces and not socks.  What about your sock yarn stash?  What does it look like?  Flash pictures...but I can assure you that I will be instituting a self-imposed sock of the month club myself and will begin posting about that in December.

6 comments:

Christi said...

YUM!!!

twistedtexan said...

Yay! Yarn pr0n! Hmmm...a self-imposed sock of the month club. What a GREAT IDEA! ;)

Martha G said...

I'm embarrassed about how much sock yarn I have. You ought to make the sock club a group effort and we can pair up with people and suggest patterns to one another. No money spent but trading yarn could be allowed.

Amy Darsie said...

Wow ... I wish my stash was that big. I've narrowed it down signifigantly in the last year, and have done very little yarn shopping just to buy yarn. I guess I need to get back on the wagon in 2011!

Lorette said...

So how many of them are there?? I'd be well and truly embarrassed to show photos of mine. At last count (according to the computer database) there are 226 sock yarns in the stash.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, such pretty sock yarn you have!