"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday

OMG - Peeps for Halloween.....look here.  I am a sucker for Peeps products and with Zoe right at 19 months now, Halloween this year will be even more fun!  And with the recipes, I could have even more fun.


It may be hard to tell from this picture, but there are green eggs in this carton.  The top two on the left are white, so that could/should help.  I bought them from a lovely woman that meets with us on Wednesday's at the Upstairs Studio.  She raises several different species of hens and each lays uniquely colored eggs.  They are all range birds and get natural feed, so their yolks are beautiful.  I made a three egg omelet with them and it was divine!  So much so that I picked up some wonderful bacon, cheese and spinach to fix another one this weekend.  I hope she has more of them today when we get together...

One more thing before I go today.  Friday is October 1st.  October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Please do whatever you can to support the local and national organizations as they raise monies to fight this deadly disease.  It affects both men and women and the research is vital.  My mother is cancer free for the fifth straight year after her diagnosis and treatments.  Let's see what we can do together to beat this and eradicate it from our lives.

No comments: