Monday, September 13, 2010
I finished the Topi!
Started : 09/09/2010
Yarn Used: Cascade 220 Superwash - Color 811 (Como Blue) - One Skein
Needles: US Size 7 DPN's and Circulars AND US Size 5 DPN's
The whole thing took about ten hours of knitting. Give or take, as I didn't actually time myself. I know that I did the majority of the knitting while we watched college football Saturday. I started it late on Thursday, as I procrastinated over the size 5 needles needed because my DPN's are only 4" long. I ended up using them by placing a needle point protector on the right end of the needle so that the stitches would not slip off. I used them on both ends once I was done with a needle and moving on the next. Quite clever if I must say so myself. It really flew along and I could see the design literally unfold as I progressed. I had to go to Michael's to get some canvas for the brim and after it soaked and dried yesterday. She will get the brim insert and be whip stitched closed later today. I plan on wearing it this week, so I'll see if I can get some action shots.
Overall, this is a super quick knit and can be made to fit any head size if you do the math. I have already started a test one for Zoe with the leftover yarn from mine. I'll probably add buttons or decorations to hers but mine will remain plain.
Make one for yourself!