"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday

Well, we survived a wet weekend here at Chez RubyRingz.  What about ya'll?

Friday was fairly low key here as the work week drew to a close.  Saturday was already laid out and "scripted".  Sunday was Texans football.  I would love to say that I did something really awe inspiring or fantastic either of these two days, but I did not.  Pure and simple, I sat, watched football and knitted!

I started the front of the Red Hot and I will upload those pictures later today.  I really do like the way that the Calmer feels while I knit with it and will definitely try it in more patterns.  It is not as addicting as the Cascade 200 Superwash was to me but I do love it.  I also finished the pink and white versions of the USS Migration Sock.  They have been soaked and are now blocking, so as soon as they are done I will add their pictures as well.  I started the USS Lehmus-huivi with the SWTC Xie Bamboo thread.  I initially thought that the US Size 3 was too tight so I went up a needle size.  HATED the results so returned to the lower size and I am now ready to start on Chart 2 of this shawl.  I will try to get some pictures taken today at some point but it is so overcast that I cannot get the correct lighting.  I also wound the yarn for the Upstairs Studio Sock Contest into a cake.  It is a wonderful blend of Cashmere/Superwash Merino/Nylon that Lizzie hand-dyed.  I have settled on the Shur'tugal sock pattern from Socktopus.  I cannot wait to cast on for these.  They will need to be finished, soaked and blocked AND back to the store by October 9th at 4:00 PM CST.

Pictures?














The first four are all of the blend for the sock competition.  The last two are of a special color-way that Lizzie and I decided married up with some Crystal Palace Sparkle Plenty that screamed to be used in a shawl.  For those of you not familiar with the Sparkle Plenty, it is a metallic thread and the colors in mine almost mirror this skein perfectly.  And the odd part is that I had no clue that Lizzie was making this colorway and she had never seen the skein I had before either.  Fate!  It will become a Traveling Woman once I have finished some of the other projects listed above.

I had to share these two with you:





Sassy decided to lay right beside my left foot Saturday morning while I was drinking my coffee and knitting.  She has gotten overly protective the last few weeks and guards me from some unknown/unseen force.  She is my lover kitty and I enjoy my morning time with her when the house is quiet and she wants some special lovin' from her momma.  Of course she also was in love with the sock yarn blend, as she has a penchant for cashmere.  She knows where it is in my knitting bag too.

Fall TV shows premier all this week.  Are you ready?  I think we are but I never know.  Fall is hard on me, as the sun begins to be a bit more unavailable when I get up and when I get home.  I am one of those people that needs a good dose of sunshine, so I can get cranky when I don't get my daily dose.  Just like coffee...




I know exactly how this guy feels....

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Amy Darsie said...

That yarn is lovely!!! I can't wait to see the end product that you are doing to knit!