"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday Temptations

Okay.

First, and foremost. This is my 100th post! I want to have a contest to celebrate, so stay tuned. I will post the contest and the rules on Wednesday.

Second, my SITM package came Monday night. OMG! Look at the stuff:



The pictures do not do it all justice. I received tootsie pops! Not quite diet food, but the will cure the craving in a pinch. The card is wonderful. The quote reads: "Grace, growth, and gratitude: these are my highest aspirations. - Gloria Arliss". The mystery yarn without a label has the most beautiful shades of blue {Megan, what is it?}. I also received a French Vanilla Healing Heel Stick from weeLuxuries.com and it is wonderful! Added to all the booty was two skeins of Panda Cotton in color 2305 (Faded Jeans). They will make great socks for me to wear with all my jeans.

The post would not be complete if I didn't rave about the socks! Megan claims that this is her first pair. I am honored to be the receiver of them. She did a great job! They fit wonderfully. The are soft and comfy. I will be able to wear them early with the cold front that we have.

Thank you again Megan! I have been totally spoiled and this was so much fun that I have signed up again for Sock It To Me Twice. To bad we won't get each other again, but I look forward to the new challenge and hopefully we will both make new friends along the way.

My Super Secret Sock Pal Megan has made my week and will be a special friend for years to come!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Those socks look amazing! And the yarn looks like a lot of fun!

Also - I just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog. I've been a little slow getting back to people, with injuries and vacation and all. But still, thanks! I really enjoy comments from people I don't know, and it's always nice to meet new people!

Unknown said...

Great package! I LOVE Panda Cotton. And I can't wait for Sock It To Me Twice--I was so glad that I could sign up.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post! Here's hoping you have at least 100 more...

Anonymous said...

OOOHH! I'm sooo glad you liked the socks! And everything else. I honestly have no idea what the mystery yarn is - I got it on ebay. I think it's a handdyed wool blend. This was so much fun and I am definately doing Sock it to Me Twice. And - you mad eme cry at the end, absolutely you will be a friend for a long time. :-)

Miss Me said...

very nice. i was wondering who would get those spiffy socks when i saw the in progress pics...

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Wow! You scored big -- and congrats on the 100th post.