"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yes Virginia....That is snow you see in Houston??!!

Yes folks, Houston did actually have snow yesterday and last night into about 4:00 AM this morning. Most of the trouble is on the East side of the city. Dayton TX received at least 4 inches of the stuff.....

Needless to say, all the ramps of the freeways on that side of town are loaded with accidents and snow and ice. And I live in the South to stay warm? Oh well, this really only happens about every four or five years, so I should be thankful for that. Thank goodness the Haruha scarf I knitted is really warm!

Taken at 5:15 PM as I was headed home from work. That is the hood of the car you see.

Taken at the apartment around 8:45 PM before I went to bed.

Taken at the apartment around 8:45 PM before I went to bed.

Taken at the apartment around 8:45 PM before I went to bed.

Taken at the apartment around 8:45 PM before I went to bed.

So to all my friends and family that live in snow prone areas.....HELP.....no one really remembers how to handle this stuff. It is 29 degrees outside and the wind chill makes it feel like 20. Needless to say, I did not run this morning. I slept in and stayed warm.

More posts later today.....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wait, let me get my magnifying glass out...

Okay. Here's my advice from Boston: wear your scarf AND a hat (I know, it will mess up your pretty hair, but trust me, if the wind chill is bad, you should wear a hat), drive slow, stay inside as much as possible and drink extra wine.

And knit on! Knitting is always better when it's cold outside.

Stay warm and try not to let that dusting of flakes trip you up too much.

Anonymous said...

That's right...tell her Melanie! Same here from NYC. Besides... I had to laugh at those pictures of the "virgin snow". oh puhleeezzzee!!! put on your skis or skates and zip around town! or better yet, pull out the rubber sleds or cardboard boxes and make a day out of it! hahaah you call that "snow"????!!!