"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, December 12, 2008

Bettie Page has left the building....

I have a lot more posts saved as drafts from the week, but this article caught my attention and I had to share it. I have long been a fan of Bettie Page and wished I was half as self-confident with myself as she was. Trouble has also been a long standing fan of hers and is quite skilled in applying her makeup like Bettie did.

This late in the year, I always take a moment to think about all the great talents we have lost during the year. I saw this on the MSN site and wanted to share it as well. I know that the year is not quite over, but we can all fondly recall memories from the contributions of most, if not all, of the people we have lost.

This is not a sad post, as much as it is a celebration of the lives that these wonderful individuals led and the accomplishments that they left as their legacies. I will be trying to see if I can watch/look/listen to any of their contributions the next couple of weeks as my own tribute to them.

No comments: