"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Okay, So I'm Going For A Record Number Of Posts Today

I should stay off the Internet today. I have found yet another story that has piqued my interest.

The article asserts that people unconsciously choose things based upon their name. I read it all twice and sent it to Wifey. As a teacher of 25+ years, she knows a thing or two about a thing or two. I want her opinion based upon her real-life experience.

I would consider that since my first initial is an E and I am fifth letter of the alphabet that I am prone to wanting to achieve. I was never prone to that grade. I always made A's and B's or I didn't participate in athletics. Plain and simple fact. I always excelled at learning and loved it. I still do. My father always told us that you are supposed to learn something new daily. I still try to.

It is funny that Wifey and I share initials. I go by LCP and she goes by LLG. Our first initial is the same if I don't use my given name.

Read the article and tell me what you think.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a load of crap... I don't find myself attracted to things based on "M"s (and I have 2 in my name) and I made really good grades in school (not average). I am in Marketing but I started off wanting to be in accounting but I hated all the math (ha, another M and yet I hate it). So I think the article is a load of crap unless they can elaborate further.

Miss Me said...

i'm with michelle. in honour of her initial, i will call it "manure". KAB here always did well in school. i'm an accountant. i'm a civil servant. neither of them has anything to do with "k" - although there is that BIG K thing that is very important in my life - knitting - but i'd love that no matter what my name was!

Anonymous said...

I don't know. What about people who used one name (middle name) up until 21, then changed to the first name.

I don't know. I'm also not too connected to my name anyway, but Lehu is and hmmm. I don't know.