"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, November 8, 2007

11 Ways to Be an Earth-Friendly Couple

Okay, I promise...this is the last one for today.....

I love number five, number six, and number ten the most. We have two city provided recycle bins and we recycle everything that they will let us. We recycle the tubes from papertowels and toilet paper and every piece of plastice with a 1 or a 2. Every box gets broken down as well. We take our newspapers to the local SPCA. We also take them our old towels and sheets. We take our soda and beer cans to a recycle location and use the cash for our vaction fund. It is really amazing when you look at all the packaging that food and product comes in. Such a pity that not all of the manufacturers use packaging that can be recycled.

How about your household? Do you compost? Do you recycle?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We recycle cans and give them to our neighbor who have a grandson that gets cash for them ... we try to reuse packing material (and I think we have waaay more in the house than we need)...

Anonymous said...

We recycle cans and plastic as well as all paper and cardboard. I save the boxes my swap partners send me and re-use them for my next outgoing swap box. The other thing I try to save is water - I constantly find half drank bottles of water all around the house. I fill the dog bowls with them.