"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Whew, what a Birthday

What a wonderful birthday 2010 was for me.  The celebrations started on Thursday the First when SF brought home a dozen roses.  I was really surprised, as I know how she feels about buying flowers.  That made them all the more special.  She announced that the next four days were, "all about my baby".  I had no idea what was in store.  The weather was horrid, so we went to Carino's and I had the Five Meat Tuscan Pasta.  SF had the Skilletini.  We also ordered two pieces of their new lemon cake to take home.  We came home and changed out of the wet clothes and settled in to watch a movie.  The rest of the day was really laid back due to the rain.

Friday, I had breakfast made to order and after showers we headed to the cinema to watch Knight and Day.  I am not a huge fan of Tom Cruise or Cameron Diaz; however, I loved this movie.  The plot had HUGE gaping holes but the action and the comedy were enough to make up for that.  We were still getting rain, so after we were safely in the Tacoma, we headed toward Webster/Clear Lake.  Not knowing what was up, I asked but was quickly reminded that she had some surprises.  Our next stop was Pappasitos.  I had the combination enchiladas and SF had the chicken fajitas.  We had chips and salsa plus an order of special queso.  We also had a Grand Gold Margarita.  In my past I was unable to eat queso or enjoy margaritas.  The doctor thinks that now that I am "free" of the tyranny and stress that those are no longer triggers for migraines.  I am happy!  From there we headed to the next cinema.  We watched The Last Airbender in 3-D.  I liked it and will be looking forward to the next installments.  From there, we headed back down FM 518 towards the house.  We pulled into a DQ and ducked inside.  I ordered a Chocolate Extreme Blizzard and SF ordered a Banana Cream Pie Blizzard.  She asked about the Strawberry Golden Oreo Blizzard Cake and they said that they didn't make cakes but the location in Pearland did.  So, we headed that direction.  We arrived and after a few questions, she ordered an 8" cake with "Happy Birthday Lisa" to be inscribed.  We were advised that it would be ready Saturday after 2:00 PM.  Home and into comfy clothes we watched some TV and the 10:00 PM news due to all the rain we were still having.

Saturday, I was handed my breakfast of choice and again afterward we showered and dressed.  I knew that we were having the birthday dinner that day, as I had requested it.  SF had a few errands to run, so I knitted.  Upon her return, I was handed my card and my gift.  The card was truly the most emotional card I have ever received.  The gift was several tops and a cap from the local Harley shop that I had been wanting for some time.  Sneaky gal had instructed the girls at the shop to put what ever I wanted in the back and she would come later to get them.  A total conspiracy was afoot.  Now to get them all washed and ready to wear.  The raspberry colors will look great with a tan.  When I was finished, we headed to Red Lobster.  I had been craving the Lobster and Bourbon Shrimp and Scallops.  Dinner was wonderful.  We went around 3:00 PM and the place was quiet and we had the section almost all to ourselves.  From there we had to go pick up the cake.  The evening was quiet.  Cake and watching some sports.

Sunday was a pool day.  It was the first whole day without rain.  We took full advantage of it.  We had salads since we had eaten so much bad for you food the three days prior.  After we were done in the pool and showered and dressed.  We went to the HEB for some snacks and another one of those sampler packs of beer.  We had the neighbors over to watch the Freedom Festival on TV, as none of us wanted to brave the mud and heat to watch Pat Green and see the fireworks.  We had adult beverages and snacks while we listened to the music.  The fire works were wonderful.  When the televised ones were over, several of the folks in the surrounding subdivisions were shooting off theirs.  So, we headed outside to watch some more.  Life doesn't get much better.

Monday was a do nothing day.  We slept in, ate a leisurely breakfast and both of us checked email.  We watched a little day time TV but not much.  I was able to start a baby hat for a Girl Scout Merit Badge request from the CLACK knitting group.  It has been a long time since I used double-pointed needles and I was really funny.  SF was cracking up at the faces and the general comments I was muttering until I regained my coordination.  Sad but entirely true.  We did dart over to HEB again for some chicken and a steak to put on the grill.  SF has some secret way she marinates my steak and I LOVE it.  We had a wonderful and quiet evening and 8:00 PM rolls around again ready for us to return to the regular weekly programming.

I for one am glad that I have the membership to LA Fitness.  After this birthday I need to go twice a day but will just work harder and watch the calories for a bit.  We will be watching the weather with close eyes, as more tropical weather is popping up in the Gulf and could be headed our way by Thursday.  We will keep a close eye open and make the proper plans.  Gotta love Hurricane Season.  I promise to get Tuesday Temptations up tomorrow and then get them back on track.


Amy said...

Wow! What a wonderful birthday!! I'm so glad to hear that you had a relaxing time and that your were spoiled so well by those who love you!

Leah said...

That sounds like one heck of an incredible birthday! Totally fun and delicious.

HEB...I miss Texas...

Knittymuggins said...

Sounds like a fantastic birthday! I'm SO glad to hear you were thoroughly spoiled :) Red Lobster is always my birthday request too...


Lorette said...

What a terrific birthday week you had! Happy belated!