"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer Reading Swap Q&A

August Swap Q&A

Are you a knitter, crocheter, or both? - Both but I prefer knitting.
What type of projects are your favorite to knit/crochet? - Shawls/Shawlettes, hats and socks but I am making tanks and top down sweaters for myself this year
What are your favorite types of yarn? Any yarns that you don’t like? - With our humid weather, I prefer yarns with cotton, bamboo, linen or merino.  Of course when I knit for myself I have been known to grab cashmere and silk or yarns with one of these in the mix.  Don't like heavy wool or novelty stuff.
What are your favorite colors? Any colors that you don’t like to work with? - Most favorite color is blue - almost every shade except true baby blue.  I really love Robin's Egg blue at the moment with chocolate or green.  Other than that I love all colors.  I have to watch the oranges, as they tend to make me look pale and dead if they are too close to my face.  Do not care for neons or pastels too much unless the pastels are in a lace weight for a shawl.
What are your favorite types of novels? - Dystopian fiction, historical fiction, epic fantasy (Wheel of Time), pretty much anything.  Non-fiction is okay as long as it is not current politics. Cook books are great!
Who are some of your favorite authors? Favorite series? Favorite titles? - Robert Jordan (The Wheel of Time Series), anything by J.R.R. Tolkein, The Odessa File, Animal Farm, and Wind in the Willows.  I also love Katherine Forrest but that is a personal choice.
Are there any books that you’ve been dying to read but haven’t? Or do you have a wish list (e.g., Amazon) you can share? ( You can post a link here.) - Okay, don't laugh.  I have been wanting to read Tipping the Velvet and The Queen's Governess.  Other than that, anything is fair game EXCEPT vampires/gore/Christian fiction/sappy romance.
What are your favorite types of sweets? - Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.  But I also love Jelly Belies, Circus Peanuts, Cherry Sours and Orange Slices.  Don't like coconut or nut in my candy.
What are your favorite scents? - Lavender, patchouli, roses and vanilla
What is your living situation? - I live with the most wonderful partner I could have, her two French Bulldogs (Ambre and Frankie) and my two cats (Eraser and Sassy)
Do you have any allergies? - No sugar substitutes (aka artificial sweeteners).  I need real sugar.  Other than that I just can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke on stuff.

Is there anything else that your pal should know? - I'm pretty much an open book, hehe.  If my swap partner needs to know anything that my blog or my Ravelry page doesn't tell them, then please feel free to chat with me.  I love meeting new people!

No comments: