"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sharing a Poem

A very dear friend sent me this poem early on in my voyage of self-discovery. Not to wax poetic, hah, I have decided that it is to beautiful to keep to myself. For a while it was written in lipstick on my mirror. I also wrote it in my journal and in my planner. There are times when it is the only thing that will comfort me and other times when it reminds me of all that still remains to be discovered. Enjoy and share it with others as you too see fit.

"The tide recedes, but leaves behind bright seashells on the sand.
The sun goes down, but gentle warmth still lingers on the land.
The music stops, yet echoes on in sweet, soulful refrains.
For every joy that passes, something beautiful remains."
Author: Unknown

No comments: