"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday Temptations

So Many Things to Tempt Me Out There This Week!

Wifey is three years away from being able to retire from teaching. That doesn't mean that she is Mrs. Robinson (even tho I like to think she is). She starting teaching right out of college ant the state of Texas gave her this wonderful contract that will pay her for the rest of her life when she retires. Reader's Digest version, her multiplier is 80 and she will be there in 2010! I found this while I was trolling for Temptations. I thought that I should share it.

I did a book review on this for my company newsletter. If you love chocolate, then you should get your hand on a copy of this. All I can say is, WOW! A chocophile's prayer answered!

With everyone becoming a bit more Green, I thought that this site my interest someone. Since I work in the Technology Industry, I am always on the lookout for these kinds of tidbits, so if you see one, send it my way.

For those of you with younger kids or grand kids that you might need to entertain for a few more weeks until school resumes, check this out. The Munchkin shared it with me since it is in her major at SFASU. She's going to do it as part of her final portfolio for graduation.

I was doing a Google search on knitting and stumbled upon this. Who knew? If you knew, why didn't you share? How fun to be able to call a travel agent and plan a vacation around knitting. Anyone interested?

I go here when I need inspiration for a new pattern. The daily free pattern can sometimes be just the answer.

I am so hung up on this yarn. I keep wanting every color. I will be making socks forever if I don't stay away from their site.....

I love to wear these under blazers in the fall. It looks like I have a wonderful sweater on but really it is just a tank.....

I have been dying to try this yarn, but I don't know what I want to make or which yarn I crave. Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone made/used this yarn?

I'm always on the lookout for yarn that is "home grown". I found this one that is here in Texas. Has anyone ever used their stuff?

I'm not from NY, but these yarns are and they look fun too.

When the Munchkin and Trouble are out of college and finally on their own, I want some of these, and these, and maybe this in sky or lavender.

Now that I have an eating program, I get one "cheat meal" a week. So, steak is the weapon of choice. I found this when I was trolling. I was trying to find a better chart than this one, but I had a hard time, so please overlook the fact that it is for a meat company.

While I am on a roll, I want to host one of these in the Fall/Winter. I think that I want each pair to bring their favorite wine (2 bottles) and an appetizer that goes with it. I think that would be more fun and get everyone involved. Has anyone ever hosted one of these before? If so, I would love to hear about it.

Next year I have to be in charge of the anniversary celebration. I think that I might like to sneak off to here to celebrate, or here. Good part about planning early is that I can gather hints and suggestions for about the next 13 months and then I'll have the most perfect celebration planned. The actual date will be on a Sunday, but I bet I could pull off a weekend trip and have the big dinner on the Saturday if I plan well enough in advance.

Okay...I have taken up enough of your time this week.

Thanks for taking a peek at what tempts me.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Lots of fun stuff to look at, I checked them ALL...must go knit.

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of temptations! You know, my father retired at 60 from teaching. That lasted about a year and he was bored so now he's teaching again in a neighboring town part time while still collecting his pension! He's 66 so God only knows when he'll "officially" retire. As for a wine tasting party - I went to one that a friend hosted and it started out innocent and formal and soon became a big drunken party. Very fun!

Miss Me said...

as if i couldn't find enough temptations on my own! ; ) love the digital pinhole camera (thanks munchkin) - right up older son's alley.