"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Sock It To Me KAL Questionnaire

1.What are your foot measurements? (Please give shoe size, length and circumference) – Shoe Size is 8 ½ to 9 depending on who makes it. Length is 9 ½”. Circumference is 8 ¾” at the widest part of the foot.
2. How long have you been knitting? How would you rate your experience? (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced) –
Intermediate to Advanced depending on the WIP.
3. What is your favorite color? Your least favorite color? -
Favorite color is any and all shades of blue. Least Favorite color is olive green.
4. Do you have a favorite fiber? What type?
I love cotton, silk, bamboo, and merino. I like blends too. Pretty much I go for the color first and then look at the contents on the label.
5. Do you have any allergies to certain fibers? – None that I know of.
6. Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wish list? (If so, provide the link.) –
My wish list would be so big that Amazon would block my privileges. At the moment, I am in love with the Sodalite and Amethyst stitch markers at Zero. They beat the traditional plastic ones hands down….
7. What techniques, if any, would you like to learn? –
I would love to learn more about seaming garments correctly/professionally. I have been sewing since I was in the fifth grade but constructing a knitted garment can sometimes not be as rewarding as the actual knitting. I would also love to get braver about creating some of my own designs. I see them but I can’t seem to take them from paper to fabric just yet.
8. Do you have a sweet tooth? What are your favorite snacks? –
I have a sweet mouth! I love candy, especially if it is chocolate. I also love the original flavors of Life Savers and the Brach’s Cinnamon Discs. Favorite snack is popcorn or pretzels.
9. What is your family situation? (Children/Husband/Pets...etc.) –
I have been happily “married” (our state doesn’t let us actually get hitched yet) to Wifey for almost ten years. I have two beautiful daughters, Trouble (23 ¾) and Munchkin (21). Both are in college. We also have two cats, Eraser and Sassy. My blog has pictures of everyone.
10. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? (Metal/Plastic/Wood) –
I have become addicted to circular needles as of late because they support sweaters and blankets better without having to make panels and assemble. I actually like all three materials, and I choose my needle based upon the yarn that I will be using for a particular project. Elizabeth Zimmermann once discussed that in her Opinionated Knitter series.
11. Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit? –
Right now, I have become addicted to top down knitting patterns. I hate to seam and assemble and with top down there is less of a chance that I will end up with a UFO.
12. Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try? –
I was recently going through all of my old issues of Vogue Knitting and I found a wonderful sweater knit with mohair/angora. It is ultra feminine and I would love to make it for Christmas. I need to research that yarn, because the pattern is from the Fall/Winter issue of 1985.
13. Do you like to read? What are you reading currently? –
I am a voracious reader. I will read anything and everything. My favorite genre is Dystopian Fiction. Currently, I am reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, a book on HTML/XHTML/CSS coding, and the Opinionated Knitter by Elizabeth Zimmermann.
14. Do you collect music? (On an iPod or MP3 player.) – I currently have a Sony Walkman MP3 player that holds 2GB and I only have about 50MB free. Therefore, yes, I think that it can safely be said that I collect music.
15. What kind of music do you listen to? –
Everything, in moderation. I love 70’s and 80’s music the most and listen to the rest of the genres depending on mood and activity.
16. Is there anything you collect? – The list is long. I currently collect Pocket Dragons (alas, they have been discontinued), Hull Pottery, Depression and Elegant Glass, and vintage dress patterns from the 50’s.
17. What are your hobbies, aside from knitting? –
I love to garden and our backyard is a certified wildlife habitat. I also love to golf. Computers would be my next hobby most definitely. I love to build them and learn all about the programs. Just a geek at heart.
18. Are you participating in any other swaps or knit alongs? – I am a member of the Sexy Knitter Club KAL and the UFO KAL. That’s enough for now….
19. Do you have a favorite scent? – I love roses, lavender, and patchouli too.
20. When is your birthday? (You don't have to add the year if you don't want to, LOL.) – I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy! I was born on July 4th in 1962. And yes, I am quite the firecracker at times.

No comments: