"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

January Socks

"Blame It On Jordan"

"Blame It On Jordan"


So, the January Socks are called "Blame It On Jordan".  The reason is very simple.  I had Jordan over in late January and I had originally started a pair of socks with SWTC Tofutsies.  The pattern called for you to cast on 189 stitches and over the next two rows decrease down to 69 stitches.  I was very irked by this and had not gotten far at all.  Jordan was showing me all of his projects and he insisted that I needed to make the Penispoopcakewaffle Sock.

What is this you ask?  Here is the exact description from the pattern:


This pattern is available as a free Ravelry download
This pattern was designed for a knit-a-long for the SuperSeriousSockKnitters group.
The penises (penii? penes?) are in the cuff/frosting. The sample sock is Red Velvet Cakewaffle, and the heel and toe represent bird poo.
For more about cakewaffles, poopwaffles, peniswaffles, peniscakewaffles, and penispoopcakewaffles, see the Completely Pointless and Arbitrary Group Group.
Note! The smaller size has been added to the pattern!!
Another note! The G-rated cuff variation (Thanks, Glenna!) is available if you click the “download” button.

I was fascinated so I gathered up the yarns and away I went.  I kept saying over and over that it was all Jordan's fault that I was making socks with an object that I really have no desires towards.  Obviously, it didn't stop me from making them.  Megan loved them, as they were part of her latest birthday present.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless...just speechless.