"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day Three: 30th March. Tidy mind, tidy stitches

Today's topic: How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organised at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organised, blog about an aspect of that organisation process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organised stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry.



Sock Yarns - Drawer One

Sock Yarns - Drawer Two

So, this is only part of my stash.  This is the sock yarn portion.  I have several totes that have other yarns and WIP's/UFO's.  I know that I have pictures of the rest of the stash on the blog but I am far too lazy today to look for them....

I keep most of the yarn "hidden" from Sassy.  She is a HUGE deterrent to knitting.  She will lay on the entire project when necessary.  See exhibit One:



I have a small stash in my Martha Washington cabinet, which also houses all of my needles and tools that are not in my knitting bag.  Most of the stash in the living room has already been wound into cakes because Sassy won't bother them as much for some odd reason...

My goal for the year is to knit from the stash, so it will be interesting to see how these pictures change by the end of December....

3 comments:

heartsy said...

Kitty!! :)

I have a few other spots where I house my stash besides drawers too. Love some of those sock yarns you have there.

Amy Darsie said...

I should have mentioned this in my post. My stash is small because I have to keep it up and away from certain cats who just love to play in it, should they get the chance. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous and tempting stash you have! Much more organized looking than mine.

Sassy is much like our cats. One day the house was quiet...for too long...and all the cats were in another room...needless to say I had to throw away that knotted mess of bamboo Caron Spa, I think. Good thing I didn't like knitting with that splitty stuff anyways.