"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Traveling this week

Well, far be it from me to complain about a trip paid for by the company; however, a trip to any place with snow that does not include skiing and hot butter rum is just not what I had in mind. In spite of that fact, I am in Columbus for training. The trip has an up side. My parents live close enough that they will be here today. They will get to spend a little time with me after class for dinner and perhaps a second evening if the weather will cooperate.

Just in case, I brought several projects to finish. I have a Pay-It-Forward that I finally located that will get some much needed attention. I have a cowl for a co-worker that has to travel to Scranton almost finished. And the just for fun project is the January 2010 KAL from KrisKnits. I have been on s dishcloth kick ever since I ran the Half Marathon. I needed something to knit after I finished SF's Lady Vols Socks and they just seemed to fill that need. They are fast and fun.

I have a Tuesday Temptations post that I started yesterday while I was traveling. I will try to get it finished today and posted. It is a fun one and I am looking forward to getting back into the regular posting of that feature as well as Thoughts on Thursday.

On a side note, it appears that our Governor's Race will be between Bill White and Rick Perry. That could be very interesting. Popular poll analysts say Perry will win because of the "hair" factor. Apparently, the "pretty" ones win and Bill White is not "pretty" even though he was an amazing Mayor. We'll see. I know he won't stoop to mud slinging. He never has.

Okay...off to breakfast and then to training! Stay warm and send warm thoughts my direction. We are expecting more snow here today.... I am SOOOOOO excited....

No comments: