"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, March 14, 2010

So, I have not been able to meet the original goal set out to get at least one post a week up...I see the light at the end of the tunnel...and that is good.

I have been looking back over some of the original reasons I wanted a blog and I think that they have grown as I have grown. There will be a lot of new things coming. I have them on the drawing board and that is good. Change is good and it is time for the blog to evolve.

I have also decided that SF needs a new name for posting purposes. I still haven't figured out what it will be, so suggestions are solicited.....

Today, we have divided and set out to conquer a lot of tasks. SF is doing front yard detail and then will give the Blue Flame a much needed wash, wax and chrome detail. I am on inside detail and I am okay with that. I am taking a little break at the moment, as my banana bread is almost ready to come out of the oven and I don't want to be in the middle of bathroom cleaning when the timer goes off.

We have been planning some day trips on the Blue Flame now that Spring is here. I think that this could very well be our first one, as I love home cooked food and it is relatively close to home. There are so many wonderful places to go on the Farm to Market roads of Texas. Another place that we have looked at is are the trips to the Piney Woods. We have been looking over the maps that Harley provides to see what they list as day trips as well.

On the pet front....we have been dealing with a bladder infection in Eraser. Poor thing had been utilizing the rugs to get out attention but it took a few weeks for the smell to get to us and for us to catch her in the act. It was so bad that the vet had to give her special food and two types of medication. We had to cage her during the day until today. It has been hard on me, as she has never had a bladder infection and I felt like a bad parent for not catching it sooner. The only remaining problem now that I have steam mopped all the floors is one 4' x 3' wool rug that I have to take to the cleaners to get cleaned.

Okay, more updates later.....I want to finish all the work before 3:00 PM CST so that I can rest a bit before our standard 8:00 PM CST bed-time....

No comments: