"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, March 15, 2010

All Things Local Swap Questions and Answers

1. Are you a knitter or crocheter? I knit much more than I crochet but I have been making dish cloths and a lot of the lace ones have been crochet….so, anything goes
2. What is/are your favorite projects to create? At the moment, I am all about speed, so I am making cowls and socks. I have a few tops for Spring and Summer that are in my queue, so I will be getting to them soon.
3. What is your favorite yarn type (wool, cotton, etc?) Any yarns you don’t like to work with? I have fallen in love with Shibui! I made a clapotis with it and I am just dying to use it for more projects.
4. What is your favorite color? least favorite? favorite would be blues but I am learning that I look good in greens that have a blue base, so I am adding them when I can… least favorite would be “neutrals” and all orange except the University of Tennessee orange…side note…I am not really fond of pink, unless it is for Breast Cancer.

1. What is your favorite thing about the city you live in? I live in Pearland which is a suburb of Houston. We are such a diverse culture that you can literally find any kind of food, drink or entertainment that you want within a few minutes of your location. We have some of the most amazing artists and yarn stores. We are close to the beach and a few hours drive from the Hill Country.
2. What is your favorite thing to do when you visit a new place for the first time? Snap! I love to visit the local farmer’s market (weather permitting) and then head to the local yarn stores. Time permitting, I find the local Harley Davidson dealer and get a dealer specific charm for my mom and a tee-shirt for myself and my significant other. And I make the rounds to the best eats as time allows.
3. Do you have any other hobbies, besides fiber craft? I have been sewing since I was in the fifth grade and love making things for my grand-daughter. Does cooking count? I dabble in photography and that’s about all.
4. Do you collect anything? I do. I collect Hull Pottery and Pocket Dragons. I also collect vintage sewing patterns (1940’s and 1950’s) and buttons.
5. Do you like sweets? YES! I just don’t like nuts, except almonds…and NO Coconut….
6. What are your favorite scents? Patchouli, Vanilla, Lavender and Rose
7. What is your living situation (married, kids?) Do you have any pets? I am living with the love of my life in her house in Pearland. We have her two French Bulldogs, Frankie and Ambre, and my two cats, Eraser and Sassy. Eraser is half Maine Coon and Half American Bobtail and Sassy is half Burmese and half Siamese. I have two daughters that are out on their own and a grand-daughter that just turned one.
8. Is there anything important your pal needs to know (pet allergies, food allergies, etc?) only allergic to artificial sweeteners…gotta have real sugar….other than that, I don’t care for cigarette smoke.

Side note….please don’t pair me up with some one allergic to cats … impossible to do anything without them involved!

No comments: