"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, May 18, 2009

Well, what have we here?

I have been radio silent, sort of. I have been checking on Twitter and FaceBook when I can, but there is not a lot of spare time in my days at the moment.

Mother's Day was amazing. Stephanie, Jack and Zoe came into town. We piled into my Caliber and met SF at Mama's Cafe. Jack was in rare form and he and SF were all set to discuss motorcycles. Stephanie and I sat side by side and we enjoyed them having so much fun. We ordered beers and chips and salsa while we waited for Megan to arrive. The menu is not too fancy, but I have loved it forever. I ordered the pork chops with black-eyed peas and cabbage. YUM! SF had the fajitas, Stephanie had the Black and Blue Bacon Burger, Jack had the special (Catfish and Shrimp), and Megan had the Grilled Chicken Salad.

We were at the cafe from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. From there, we had to make a stop at the apartment to get the much needed diaper bag for Zoe. We headed to Marble Slab. It was a special request from Stephanie for dessert. There is not one close to Huntsville and we wanted to indulge her. SF was good, she had frozen strawberry yogurt. It was AMAZING, I know, she shared. :) We all ordered and she paid. I protested but I was reminded that it was part of Mother's Day and she wanted to. We were there from 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM. We sat a table and listened to the wonderful music and shared the treats with each other. We laughed and had such a wonderful time. It is so wonderful to see SF interact with both girls and Jack. She continues to amaze me.

From there, we walked back to the car and the truck. SF hugged Megan, Stephanie, Jack and kissed Zoe. I walked her to her truck while Stephanie and Jack got Zoe into the car. She scooped me at the waist and wished me a happy Mother's Day as she kissed my neck. I got a wonderful hug and a special kiss. It was good to let the girls see our relationship. I'm not sure how Megan felt, but I know that Stephanie wants me to be happy. She got in the truck and told me she would call me Sunday. We all came back to the apartment and had some more beer and hung out.

Sunday was amazing! For breakfast I fixed pancakes. For dinner, I fixed pork tenderloin and veggies. We ate nine pounds of tenderloin and a half of a pot of potato leek soup. They helped me load the dishwasher and clean the kitchen. We got them packed and on the road home so that they could celebrate with Mary.

I also found out that I got a 96 on my web design final! Yippie! I ended up with two A's this semester! I now go to see the counselor on the 20th to see what is available for summer school. If nothing is available, I will be a little further behind than I expected. I am prepared! I am excited!

Fast forward! I am packed. The non-essential items have all been packed and the walls are bare. The cats are a little freaked but okay. The U-Haul is reserved...yes, make all the jokes you want. But it has been WAY longer than the second date.....I have help to load the U-Haul and it shouldn't take too long since the apartment has 500 square feet and not much furniture. We are hoping to have the entire process completed by 1:00 PM. I hope so, as I want to be able to rest in the afternoon. We will have the remainder of the day to get the cats and the dogs acclimated and ourselves as well. That will also give us Sunday and Monday to rest and start the next phase of our relationship.

Am I nervous? Yes. I am a bit nervous and I have had a panic attack, or two....but, SF also admitted that she is a bit nervous too, as she has not shared a house in five years...we both have adjustments and that is good...

Okay...off to bed...more tomorrow....

1 comment:

Leah said...

What a fun post. Full of love, joy, excitement! I'm happy for you.