"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Temptations

Greetings! First, I want to take a moment to thank all the Veterans for their services. I was unable to post this weekend, as I still do not have the PC's hooked back up after the move.

The move was fairly uneventful, as far as moves go. Nothing was broken and nothing has been misplaced. Now before you think I am a miracle worker, it is all moved, but not all unpacked and set up. SF had the room almost ready for me to work in but there are still a few things that need to be relocated with the other areas of the house before I can begin to set up the area.

I still have to retrieve the remainder of my clothes, the contents of the kitchen, and a few items from the living room. I should have all of that accomplished by tomorrow night and then I will get the maid in on Thursday so that Friday I can turn in the keys and be officially done.

It will be a slower process with unpacking and getting settled in at the new house. Do not read into that statement. SF and I have agreed that we want to go slow and not put any undo pressure on ourselves to get it all finished. We have plenty of room in the house and one chaotic room with a closed door is not a pressing issue. I will have the critical items all unpacked and put away by the end of the month.

My temptations for this week are simple. Sunday, SF convinced me to walk here. Sounds harmless right? Wrong! We made it there in about 10 minutes but not before a huge downpour. We were soaked to the bones but it was fun. The rain only lasted about ten minutes. Afterwards, we walked around the mall area. I like the way it is laid out with the stores built like an old town center. I can promise that there will be more temptations from this place because they have several stores that I love.

From there, we walked just a little bit further to BJ's Brewhouse. We were hunger and decided to order the AVOCADO EGG ROLLS (Crispy golden wontons wrap a tantalizing blend of avocados, cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, pine nuts, chipotle peppers and spices. Served with a sweet tamarind sauce). Of course, since it is a micro brewery, we had to order a beer. Of course, I had the two darkest ones on the menu. We also ordered a turkey burger and an Angus roast beef dip sandwich.

When we were done, we headed back to the house. We were so full and sleepy that we laid down on the floor with the dogs and the cats. We fell asleep until around 6:00 PM when another storm hit. The thunder and lightening woke me and then there was hail. We decided that we should actually get showered and got some staples from the grocery store.

Now, we all know that everything is bigger in Texas. The H.E.B. near the house is no exception. In fact, it is the largest H.E.B. in all of Texas. It even sells furniture. I was amazed. It was sensory overload. The coffee isle alone was a wonderland. And the beer and wines were almost as plentiful as a liquor store. We picked up the basics and I plan on a complete investigation of the store in the very near future! They even have sushi and cooking classes.

Monday was the best day. After getting a good night's sleep, we got up and did a little look at the yard and got the pool ready. Yes, SF has a saltwater pool with a door from the bedroom right to the hot tub. How convenient?! I will have to get some pictures this week so that all of this makes sense to my visual friends. We swam and lounged most of the day, even eating our salads on the patio.

I was even able to convince SF that I needed to cook dinner on the grill that had never been used. We had grilled chicken breasts with grilled veggies. Simple but very healthy and I cooked it all outside so that we did not heat up the house. We even ate dinner poolside since the weather was so nice.

Before I forget, I am also happy to report that everyone has gotten acquainted with each other. Sassy has been bossy and exploring the new digs since Sunday. Eraser had me worried at first but she was back to her alpha position today. She hopped right out of her cage and went straight to the dogs' bed and plopped down. She dared them to come to her and then they figured out that she was now the total queen of the roost. SF left for work at 6:00 AM and the four of them were underfoot until I left at 7:00 AM. It will be interesting to see what transpired while we were gone.

There will be pictures later this week of everything!

No comments: