"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF!

Yes, I have been MIA, but this has been a BUSY week.

Work has consumed me this week. We had a booth at the OTC. I was the organizer, and I have had my hands full. The show ended yesterday, but we still have the booth to breakdown and all the contents need to be shipped back to the office. I hope to wrap all that up today. I am also working on our upcoming Open House, the Annual Shareholders Meeting, and the next Board of Directors meeting.

Now, throw preparing for a final, packing to move, and "life" and my schedule is packed most days. I can see light at the end of the tunnel. My final is on the 12th. I have an appointment with the counselor/degree planner on the 20th to discuss Summer School and Fall enrollment.

As far as the move, I have a long "To Do List" and I am working on it. I have contacted the old vet and asked them to make sure that Onyx's records remain associated with LG and the old address. I also asked that Nina remain associated with that address until I can talk to Megan. I have met the staff at the new vet and I like them. The female vet loves big cats and is fascinated with Eraser. She has some ideas as to how we can get her a little slimmer. She is a tad bit too big even for her breed but the vet said that she has an excellent heart and I have taken wonderful care of her. She has flourished and is such a lover kitty. She loves to cuddle in the morning with me when I drink that first cup of coffee. So different from the cat that attacked LG on a regular basis.

I have also contacted the local YMCA and my membership here will be transferred. At some point I may cancel it and switch to the LA Fitness that SF belongs to, but not just right away. I am lucky, as my current trainer at the Y also works at the new one and we can still create a schedule that will work for both of us.

I have also changed the address on my driver's license. It should be mailed to the new house in the next two weeks. As soon as I have that, I will change the insurance and a few other things that need a copy of the license for their records. I still have to get an EZ Tag, but probably not until next week.

I am still a bit nervous about all of the changes, but I am reassured by the fact that SF is making sure that I am not being pressured. She is an amazing woman that insists that this has to be the right thing for both of us. I am encouraged to maintain current friendships and she expects me to continue to attend my knitting circles and other interests. She is truly very different than anyone I have ever known and I am honored to be a part of her life and to have her in mine.

I do have a ton of other stuff to share, but I must get to work so that I can wrap up the week and get ready for Mother's Day with Stephanie, Jack, and Zoe!

No comments: