"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Simply Saturday....

Another Saturday night comes to a close. First, thank you to each and everyone of you that commented on the Thursday post. It was a cleansing that has been long overdue, and to Miss Me, your Phoenix from the ashes comment actually made me misty-eyed....

The day started great! Coffee sitting in my new chair!

I digress a moment. First, I have to thank the wonderful staff at UPS. I called them early (6:00 AM CST) Friday to see if I could have the chair routed to my office instead of the apartment. The wonderful young girl told me that she could change the delivery address but that I would not actually get the chair until Monday since the driver was already on his route. No Problem! Imagine my surprise when my Shipping Clerk, KT, called me to tell me he was on the way up to my desk with the box. He helped me load it into the back of the Caliber.

When I got home, I was so excited. The instructions said four easy steps....they lie! Thank god my friend Adam was more than happy to assist me. He had the whole chair assembled in about fifteen minutes. Naturally, I gave him the first test drive! Below, feast your eyes on the chair! Jessica, now you need to be friend number two that gets to sit in the new chair! Now, I am patiently (not really) waiting for the love seat to be off of back-order. Or, I may just get another chair and pair them together.



Okay, back to today. After doing most of my errands on Friday night I was able to sleep in a bit this morning. I made myself coffee and watched the Weather Channel for a few minutes to get the Local on the 8's so that I could plan the outfit for the day. After two cups of coffee, I am caffeinated and ready to shower. Jeans and a button-front black long-sleeve blouse with black boots was the perfect outfit. We (S.F. and I) had agreed to meet for Brunch.

A Mucky Duck Brunch
with Liz

This Saturday 11am – 2pm

Our Delicious Offerings:

The Duckelet

bacon, mushroom, and cheese omelet served with fried potatoes and an
English muffin, toast, or biscuit. 8

The John Evans Breakfast

bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, choice of muffin, toast, or biscuit. served with a side of whiskey. (ok. Not really.) 7

Migas

traditional Mexican breakfast dish with scrambled eggs, corn tortilla strips, tomatoes, cheese, and onions. 7

Eggs Benedict

poached egg atop an english muffin with Canadian bacon covered in Hollandaise sauce. Served with potatoes. 8

The Brave Combo

pancakes or waffles so good even you will feel brave. served with

sausage and Eggs. 7

Hair of the Dog

Mimosa with a fresh strawberry 3.50

Pitcher of Mimosa with fresh strawberries. 15

After two hours of eating and drinking mimosas, we headed to The Galleria to finally take care of the Valentine's Present. S.F. had acquired the watch she originally wanted to give me (with the Black Mother of Pearl dial) and was ready to show it to me. I tried it on in florescent lights and in natural lights. I was smitten. We went to the store and her salesman was expecting us. He apologized for the horrid treatment that I had experienced the Sunday before. First, he refunded the original purchase price for the first one back to S.F. and when they were done with that, we proceeded to size the one I was keeping. Since my wrist is so small, he had to remove three links. The pictures below are not the best but you can see that I am actually wearing it and I am happy.



The Black Mother of Pearl face changes colors depending of the lighting and what it is near. The watch is quite impressive and will make the new look I am shooting for perfect. I cannot imagine that I would have ever picked out a watch this size, but I am glad that S.F. took the chance and decided that it was perfect. She needs to be careful....I think I like watches a lot more now and might NEED more.....

After we were finished with the watch, we headed to White House Black Market. She was wonderful to shop with. I tried on several dresses and she even found a few that she liked and I tried them on as well. I am pleased to announce that I was trying on size 12's. They were snug and if I ate, they would be uncomfortable. All that I need to do is get back on the diet and exercise the upper body more and then they will be perfect. I think that this one will be the first 12 I plan on getting. It looked great and felt wonderful!

S.F. picked this skirt and this top that she paired with this. I was pleasantly surprised. She also liked this top for casual wear with dark jeans. She also liked this dress but we couldn't decide what kind of top/jacket would work for a business look. She even suggested this belt. I must admit. Shopping with her was very different. Every time I asked about something, she would say, "I can't tell on the hanger. Try it on. If you like it, then show me." She reminded me that she would never tell me what to get, instead, she would tell me if it was flattering or not.

Having had fun at one store, she suggested that we try another. We went to Cache and it was just as much fun. I love this look. The pre-prom group was in there so we didn't stay long. From there she wanted me to go to Zales with her. She wanted to know what I thought about this ring and this one too. Uncertain of her logic, I tried them on and commented on them. She made no indication on why we tried them on and I find it best not to ask questions sometimes.

The last store was Fossil. She wanted me to see the University of Tennessee watch. I know she loves orange and the University of Tennessee, so I humored her. I made her try on this one, this one, and this one. Turn about is fair play and she made me try on this one, this one, and this one. All are in the Causal/Sport category. Now if she hadn't already surprised me, she started looking at handbags. She fell in love with this one for me. She also found this belt, this belt, and this belt. Give the woman a challenge and she is on a mission. I have no doubt she will be on the lookout for more things now that she knows what I am looking to accomplish.

As usual, the evening draws to a close too soon. We had a few shared moments discussing things that still lingered in either of our minds from the day's activity. I made certain that I thanked her again for the watch. She was so warm and it made the thank you all the more special. She reminded me how much fun simple and regular day to day life can be when shared with someone that feels the same about you as you do about them.

All is right with the world. Tonight I drift off to sleep preparing for a busy day tomorrow. Tomorrow's post will have a few surprises!

Sleep tight my friends!

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

love the watch! and thanks for taking us along on the virtual shopping trip. i LOVE the fossil bag...