"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, February 28, 2009

10K Update!

Just stopping long enough to post that my first 10K is behind me. Race time was 1:05:58, which included walking the last mile with a lost boy (5 years old). My split time at the 3.1 mile mark was 21 minutes. That means I could have ended with a 42 minutes time if I hadn't been a good Samaritan.

My thighs hate me at the moment and my stomach is telling me that it needs some attention as well. Other than that, I am remarked calm and energized. I am off to eat something with protein (shake most likely) and soak in a hot tub with some lavender sea salt. From there I have a date this evening, so I will have to post pictures and more about the race later!

Have a great Saturday afternoon!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Whoo hoo! I love that you stopped your race to help a lost little boy. That's a good split time though. Impressive! You accomplished something to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! And good for you for helping a little lost kid. You get bonus points for that!

Knittymuggins said...

Congratulations!! What a truly amazing accomplishment :)

knittymuggins