"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th!

Well, another week comes to an end. I sit here sipping the end of my wine after a long week. I worked 45 hours this week plus classes. I had a paper due in my history class and two web design assignments...OY. Add to that the upcoming birthday for Munchkin and Valentine's Day in general.

I am proud to say that I do have all of Munchkin's gifts and tomorrow morning I will be wrapping them. I am also happy to report that I have cards for Munchkin, Stephanie/Jack/Zoe, and S.F. ready to distribute. Ms. Zoe also has a special dress from me....

I have a few errands to run tomorrow morning...I promised to have some links taken out of a bracelet for S.F and I also need to pick up my dry cleaning. We are scheduled to have some much needed rain, so I cannot wash the car like I wanted to but it will be okay.

The ex-husband and his girlfriend are joining S.F., Trouble, Jack, Zoe, Munchkin and I for her party. It should be fun. He and I have been able to be amicable the last few years and I hope tomorrow is no exception.

I have two outfits prepared. One is a black skirt with a red v-necked knit shirt....meow....and the other is new jeans (Size 12 FINALLY!) and a v-neck sweater.....I will decide on which one after I see the weather forecast in the morning. I want S.F. to be totally distracted and the ex-husband to be bug-eyed! Not that I would ever want him back. I just want to ooze so much sex appeal that neither will know which way is up!

On a serious note, we are keeping our fingers crossed and prayers flowing for S.F.'s dog Frankie. He has a degenerative back problem that has flared up again and the vet isn't sure what can be done this time. If the meds and immobility do not fix it we may have to discuss the other alternatives. He is a French Bulldog and is the sweetest little man. S.F. is very upset and I wish I could do more. I feel so utterly helpless. I know that she is aware of how I feel and will let me help when she needs me to, so I wait.....

I will also tempt you with this....I have given the rocking chair that belonged to Emma to Trouble, as Zoe loves to be rocked and Emma and Trouble share a birthday. Add to that the fact that the chair I have that belonged to my parents needs some minor repairs, I needed another chair. I couldn't resit it. I love the color and the fabric. I may have to order the ottoman and the sofa too....I would love the love seat instead of the sofa, but it seems to be out of stock alot...

Okay gang....wine is done...bed calls....busy day tomorrow....

Wishing each of you a Happy Valentine's Day......

No comments: