- Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it? - I have been knitting since I was 12 (about 33 years) and I have been crocheting since I was 10 (about 35 years). I knit more than I crochet, but I will pull out the crochet hook if I need to.
- What is on your needles/hook right now? - Current WIP's include two pair of socks, the Haruha Scarf, Cherie Amour, and the Meadow Vest from the Rowan Tapestry Collection Book (ZB46).
- What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag? - My gauge ruler and my tape measure tie for first and my knitter's notebook second.
- What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite? - I am totally in love with Rowan CashSoft and Rowan CashCotton, as well as, Berroco Bonsai and Berroco Glace. Least favorites....I really don't like novelty yarns or camouflage dyed yarns. And with the humidity here, I seldom use a pure wool...
- What is your favorite color? - Blue (All shades except very pale ones).
- If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack? - Go to the sock yarn and grab as much as possible, then go to the Rowan wall and grab as much CashCotton and CashSoft as possible, and then head to the Berroco and gran all the Bonsai and Glace that I can. If time remains, grab Noro and Louet. And of course, Wifey would have to be there to hold all the stuff!
- What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!) - My favorite FO is documented here. The pictures show you the first dress that I ever knit for the Munchkin. She was born on Valentine's Day in 1986. I adapted it from the Kids Knits book that is in the second picture. I think that making this for her was one of the best experiences. She was turning two and I wanted to make something that was special and not commercialized. Too this very day, she insists that this is one of her most favorite outfits that I made her. I made all of the dresses that Trouble and Munchkin wore until they were both in the second grade, then it wasn't cool.
- What are your favorite things to knit/crochet? - I love socks because they are fast (most of the time). I also love to make baby sweaters and booties. The rest of the time, I make whatever strikes my fancy or whatever a person might request for a gift, as long as I'm knitting it's all good.
- Do you collect anything? - We collect Hull Pottery, Depression Glass, Elegant Glass, and I also collect old knitting needles and vintage knitting booklets.
- What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)? - Gardening, Golfing, throwing "themed" parties for our friends, chocolate, and wine tasting events/parties.
- Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID? - Yep: Rubyringz
- Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa? - All three plus Dr. Pepper
- Favorite Sweets? - CHOCOLATE and Necco Wafers/Conversation Hearts
- Any allergies? - None that I know of, except artificial sweeteners.
- Do you have pets? kids? - Two daughters (Trouble and Munchkin), two cats (Eraser and Sassy), and one dog (Onyx).
Monday, January 14, 2008
Scavenger Hunt Swap
Okay, so Amy posted about this swap and I decided that I had to check it out.