"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas....

So, this weekend we spent a great deal of time getting the rest of the outdoor lights and decorations up and finishing the inside. Munchkin and Trouble will be home this weekend to start their extended stay with us. They both have holiday jobs slated, but it still disrupts out sedate schedule a bit. We love it but "Mom and Mom can hardly wait for school to start again....".

So, I present you with a few pictures from the decorating frenzy. The first three are pictures of the miniature village that we set up every year.Annually we add new things to the collection as well. This year was the addition of more residents. There is never a set pattern for how it gets set up. I just open the storage boxes and get a vision and it unfolds as I go along. I wish that you could see it in the dark with all the lights on.I have street lights, trees with lights, a miniature tree with lights, and a miniature deer with lights. The little white lines you see in the pictures are the power cords to the objects.





The next picture is our nativity. It is placed upon an antique sideboard that we usually display our antique amber glass. Simple and straight to the point as far as a nativity goes. The only thing that I will add is that it is the Avon collectible nativity set from the late 70's and early 80's. Troll around on eBay to see what I mean about it, because I know that my camera skills are a bit lacking.


The last picture that I will leave you with today is in our entry hall. What you see is my grandparents wrought iron radio stand. On top of the stand we have displayed all of out family photos from the last nine years. We add a new one every year, so number ten will be taken on Christmas day.



I hope that all of your plans are going along as hoped and that the weather has not put a damper on anything.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My Grandmother used to set up a huge Christmas village on top of her TV hutch. I remember being a child and imagining who lived there and what they were doing!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Your house seems so homey...I can almost smell cinnamon and pine...

Cheers!

Cindy said...

Looks great! You guys are definitely set for the holidays. Hope you have a great season!