"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wheel of Time Series

Everyone has read a series that they fell in love with. I have read many of them, starting back with Nancy Drew. As an adult, I have been a sucker for Sci-Fi books and the Wheel of Time series was/is no exception.

I was very saddened to learn that the author, Robert Jordan, passed away on September 16, 2007, from a rare blood disease.

These are not simple books. They are all at least 1,000 pages per book and can average 1,500 pages per book. I have read the first three all the way through and I am almost finished with book four. I have the next three books standing by on the bookshelf. I will be acquiring the remainder of the books (paperback) by the end of the week so that I can rest assured that the collectors have not grabbed them all. I might have to be more like several of my fellow knitters and get them on audio so that I can knit and listen at the same time. The only problem is that my imagination will not be able to "see" as clearly as if I were reading and having to visualize the story myself....

My thoughts are with his wife and family as they grieve and move forward. The entire WoT community most likely shares this sentiment as well. God Speed sir.

No comments: