"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, April 30, 2007

Finally Finished!

As promised last week, here are some pictures of the finished blanket for my neice. My sister-in-law has also been kind enough to let us all know that the next addition to the clan will be a boy.



As you can tell from the first picture, it is a long blanket. I wanted it to be able to wrap up a new baby but also be utilized in a crib, as my niece and her husband are in the Air Force and who knows what base they will be stationed at during the winter months. The border is a 2x2 rib. I love the double moss stitch in the white. The blanket is heavy and looks so elegant. I hope that they get many years of use from it, as I am the only knitting Aunt in the family. (Not the actual only one, but the only active knitter at the moment.)

No comments: