- Rowan Cotton Glace the colors are just wonderful and the pair of footies that I made with this yarn was amazing! (I made the orange footies out if this - Ravelry Projects)
- Rowan Classic Yarn CashCotton this has to be one of the most delicious yarns I have ever used. A combination of Cashmere and Cotton...... (I made the pale green footies out of this - Ravelry Projects)
- Rowan Classic Yarn CashSoft put this in same category as the CashCotton (I am making the Haruha Scarf out of this - Ravelry Projects)
- Artyarns Regal Silk this was yarn I picked out to make the Red Carpet Convertible but I decided against it. I have it slated for a stole and the swatch was heavenly. I can't wait to actually make the shawl up with this yarn.
- Claudia's Hand Painted Yarns the socks that I made for my father-in-law were made with this amazing yarn. I am hoping to get more to make the Chevron Scarf in my Ravelry Queue.
- SouthWest Trading Company, Inc. Tofutsies Yarn with the humid climate here, this yarn is great for making socks that breathe.....
- Regia Sock Yarn what more can be said? I love the Kaffe Fassett Design Line, the 4 Ply Color Yarns (self striping), and the Bamboo Color Yarns.
- Mama Llama Yarns made right here in Texas! I won some of this when I went to Yarntopia to see Crazy Aunt Purl. The colorway is called EarthFaire and it is beautiful.
- Berroco Yarns there are so many I love. I have used the Glace for one version of the Sahara and it is the most comfortable sweater. I have also been fixated on Bonsai for another version of the Sahara.
- Tilli Thomas Yarns if money were no object, I would make a long sleeve version of Sahara in this yarn. The original pattern calls for Pure and Simple and Rock Star. Some day I will make this version, perhaps when I graduate from college.
- Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande I am using this to make Cherie Amour from Knitty. This stuff borders on sinful.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
SITMT Contest 3 - Share the Yarn Love
Okay folks....in this contest we have been asked to post about ten of our favorite yarns, so here there are in no certain order: