"I have never felt that anything really mattered but the satisfaction of knowing that you stood for the things in which you believed and had done the very best you could." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SITMT Contest 2 - Spring Knitting

Our gracious host of the Sock It To Me Twice KAL has posted three contests. I am going to discuss contest number two with this post.

The one big thing that I really want to knit for the Spring is a Comfort Shawl or the Clementine Shawlette. Both patterns are from Knitting Daily. I want to make it to wear Mother's Day weekend when the Munchkin graduates from college.

I want something that will be light and attractive, should the need arise for me to cover my shoulders. May can be a fickle month here in Texas and the graduation starts at 9:00 AM, so we will be in the line to get seats by 8:00 AM. That could mean dampness and the air will be on in the auditorium so that the professors and graduates don't expire from heat with the gowns and Pomp and Circumstance.

If you have a chance to poke around Ravelry, drop by my queue. You can see pictures of the next items that will be going on the needles. I want to make more tops that I can wear with my skirts and that "show" the work that has been taking place in the gym as well.

1 comment:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Go for it! OMG a SITMT Contest. I'd better go head over there and check it out.